Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a set of KRD/SSA headers sitting waiting to be installed this upcoming monday. I am going to be using a rack at a local muffler shop. I have dingleweed's install printed off. Can I and a friend do the install in one day? Or am I screwed? Also I am going to have the stock cat have a flange welded on so I can keep using that.

Should I possibly just pay the shop to have them deal with it?

I'm not so much scared about the install but worried that I won't be able to get them on in a day. The owner said he'd throw out technical advice to help out. Anyone who has done the install feel free to comment. I also bought new gaskets to replace the old ones.

·
Registered
306 Posts
It will all depend on the studs holding on the factory manifold. Dingleweeds instructions are step by step. With a lift you should be okay.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i dunno lift could be both good and bad... cause i had to do things several times under and over the engine and a lift u would have to constantly up and down

as far as doing it in a day u should be good. My friend and i took my stock headers and exhaust off and swapped them for his DC headers and exhaust all in 12 hrs in a parkinglot on jack stands with a lunch break and going to Sears

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Woohoo I talked an ex-hyundai tech to help me on Monday. It only took a case of beer and some cold hard cash. If the two of us cant do it I'll fly T.C.'s butt out here for the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts