ENJOY~

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
more info about the cams please

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
I dont see how you guys can get that much out of those mods while some of us have more mods with less HP.

I feel played

·
Registered
72 Posts
some ppl will never learn... its all about Mod. Then tune... mod then tune.. you cant just slap on mods and expect to make big HP...or to see consitant gain for that matter... mod you car then go get it tuned

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
umm most people do have their car tunned you know...

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
TTurbulence said:
some ppl will never learn... its all about Mod. Then tune... mod then tune.. you cant just slap on mods and expect to make big HP...or to see consitant gain for that matter... mod you car then go get it tuned

Negative.......it doesn't matter if you put $3000k into mods and then tune it, or do it in $500 increments at a time (for example) and then tune after each new modification....the result is the same in the end.

If you're saying that the key is to eventually get the car tuned in any case, then yeah, that should be quite obvious to anyone......

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
TT-you got to be kidding...

Joonie-What kind of dyno was this done on? Can you post a pic? Just want to see the powercurve. Interesting to see a N/A tib with race cams in it.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
TTurbulence said:
Wow, man thanks for the info. You just opened my eyes to the world of car modding. How can I ever repay you?

Anyways, so EVERY NA driver on these boards doesnt know how to tune their cars? Cause I dont see anyone else hittin that number with those mods and I see more mods with less numbers.

You can tune a dildo for weeks, but at the end its still just a dildo. You have to modify it for it to do something different.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
deez337 said:
You can tune a dildo for weeks, but at the end its still just a dildo. You have to modify it for it to do something different.
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now....a dildo? That is a priceless analogy. Classic one Deez.....and back on topic - that is a nice setup on that Tib in the first post, and it's hp numbers don't seem so outrageous to me with it's listed cams, intake, exhaust, manifold and throttle body.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How aggressive are those cams? they must be crazy because this is the only delta to break 200whp without a stg4 manifold IIRC, not to mention it pasted the 200 mark by 10.

are the headers equal length?

stock intake manifold?

are these cams avaliable to the public?

congrats

·
Registered
200 Posts
sounds about right to me. the car has ALL the supporting mods and they go with each other. its like any setup. you get it breathing good and youll be surprised with the results.

·
Registered
72 Posts
lol... think im stepping into uncharted terr. Im a FI guy... thats how it works for me . didnt mean to sound like a jack ***... but i make 210whp at 6 psi

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
xFloggingkylex said:
How aggressive are those cams? they must be crazy because this is the only delta to break 200whp without a stg4 manifold IIRC, not to mention it pasted the 200 mark by 10.

are the headers equal length?

stock intake manifold?

are these cams avaliable to the public?

congrats
supertib got 210 whp without the stage 4. He just spent quite a bit on a custom tune though. So it is possible without the stage 4. Once again I just ask what kind of dyno because most of the heavy n/a ones here have ran on a dynoload which tend to give out lower numbers than a dynojet or dynapack. Not like Im not impressed though :3_bier:

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Happy you liked that one Cable....lol I can see that in someones sig...lol

I am not saying its fake or I am not impressed because I believe it and am very impressed. I am just saying that why is it they can do that and the US guys cant even with more bolt ons. Just seems like maybe we are missing the ball somewhere.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dyno number is from Dynojet.

There were few vehicles that break 200hp without the cams, but it's very rare.
Also the peak HP doesn't really matter since Delta engine power decreases from about 6000RPM.
Without cam, at 7000RPM 150hp was acheived without the cams.
Now, close to 190hp is acheived with the cams.
From about 4800~5000RPM, the power band increases.

The fuel is based on premium in Korea with 100 octane.

Tigerlily / Intech released the cam as well and they acheived steady 200hp above 7000RPM.

But that is not because of the cam, but because of ECU mapping.
Tighter ignition timing offers better power but of course less reliability.

With port/polish another 10hp or so can be gained as well.

I am thinking of Apline SCing next spring or so.

TM
KSPEC

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, we could offer those headers since they are the BEST headers available.
And yes, they are equal length.

But it will cost around $1500 or so.

TM

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
That's impressive 4 sure.
How high of HP are the I4 NA's making over there?

1 - 20 of 115 Posts