Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh, so that's the 3.5L swap? Awesome. My Sorento has that 3.5 in it, I LOVE that engine. Wish Hyundai had used it in more cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
dammit man . quit makin us drool. haha. man I wish I had the cash for that. imagine the gains to be had with simple bolt ons. if the 2.7 gains about 15whp with a CAI i bet you that it would be a 20whp gain with that :p . Can we get the exact specs up please?

what clutch and flywheel was used. wat were all the changes required. thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
man. this motor is cheap compared to a honda motor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110050400770&fromMakeTrack=true

194hp/216 ftlbs for under $1500 for a full swap!!! man. a b16a2 swap making 160hp/11ftlbs goes for like $2500+ , not to mention the other mods you need to make it all work. and all the boltons would gain like 10whp if youre lucky. this whole Korean car world is nuts :p

man I just found an 05 santa fe engine for $1000 shipped. 3.5liter goodness :p

·
Registered
750 Posts
Guys, you would LOVE that engine. Seriously, I was a bit depressed by the 2.7L, first time I drove the 3.5 I was like WHOA!

Want me to get some more info?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
So when are they going to offer a swap kit? Would they, or is this just a one time thing? I wonder if you could fit a S/C on it.

96 Posts
Of course you could s/c it but its just getting someone to make the supercharger... But since its a swap I doubt anyone will but a custom turbo kit is always probable...

p.s does everything bolt right in? Or do you have to make custom mounts and or mess with the trannys? was the 6 spd tib tranny used? If so I would imagine all the other trannys would be bolt up as well?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Well, for anyone interested, I can take some pictures and measurements of the 3.5L in my sorento, so you have some ideas.

As for a swap kit, I've been wondering this myself. I've heard of this being done regularly over in Korea.

Like these crazy *** I4 swaps the guys down in Trinidad/Tobago are doing, the Nissan SR-20 (I think this is the name?) is constantly swapped down there, but we can't get them to send out a swap kit.

Keep the questions coming and I'll forward your interest.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
tiburon tranny used???
Chase

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a Sigma engine 3.5L
From the spec, it isn't much powerful from 2.7L but it has way more torque than 2.7L
It is faster than 220hp 2.7L highcam.
It is faster than 300hp 2.0L turbo car.
Rolling start with E46 M3 is equal.
Top portion of headers is stock but the down pipe is remade.

It is just another option for easy power and plus it is a stock engine so stress free.

One of our customer here in Korea.

I copied this from the NA thread since I posted the same one there.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
6 speed tranny used out of a tiburon or what.
Chase

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
SKEEEEEYYYYYYYYT.
Chase
UHHHhhhhhh,*drool*.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ohh and just a flashed version of the ECM (Delta or a actual Sigma ECM) that controls the fuel???
just asking, thanks a for the answers.
Chase

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For this particular vehicle, HKS F-Con VPro was used...

Some vehicles have delta harness but connectors are not the same as sigma.

So sigma wiring can be used with the ECU harness that converts to SAM2000 for easier ECU mapping.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
the block size and design look very similar with the 2.7. i bet with some more info on how to deal with the ECU some guys stateside would be able to pull off this swap.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts