Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
oh wow 3.5?? what car was that taken out from?? and whats the spec?? awesome man.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
cobby said:
oh wow 3.5?? what car was that taken out from?? and whats the spec?? awesome man.
Probably the xg 350. I thought they only had like 200 crank hp, hope you got some plans for more power.

Nice work however

·
Registered
647 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
Probably the xg 350. I thought they only had like 200 crank hp, hope you got some plans for more power.

Nice work however
they do.. its not that much powerful than our v6.. but what it does have is more torque and an iron block.. :3_winkthu

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
krnxwestsider said:
they do.. its not that much powerful than our v6.. but what it does have is more torque and an iron block.. :3_winkthu
I forgot about that iron block part. In that case have fun FI! Definitely would like to see results of that boosted

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a Sigma engine 3.5L
From the spec, it isn't much powerful from 2.7L but it has way more torque than 2.7L
It is faster than 220hp 2.7L highcam.
It is faster than 300hp 2.0L turbo car.
Rolling start with E46 M3 is equal.
Top portion of headers is stock but the down pipe is remade.

It is just another option for easy power and plus it is a stock engine so stress free.

One of our customer here in Korea. :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
joonie78 said:
From the spec, it isn't much powerful from 2.7L but it has way more torque than 2.7L

It is just another option for easy power and plus it is a stock engine so stress free.

are you comparing this with a stock sigma swap?? or modded??

·
Registered
450 Posts
krnxwestsider said:
heres a tt... :3_smiliec

single turbo in a tib
first pic is delta....oil cap locations are different...i assume the first pix is Sonata engine bay

·
Banned
21 Posts
Engine must be out from 3.5L Santa Fe or XG
It's got torque but it must be very heavy compared to 2.0 or 2.7, and it ruins total balance of the car. It's likr V8 engine in Civic

·
Registered
308 Posts
Brodeurman69 said:
So has the age old question of do the motor mounts line up been solved?
I would like to know this myself. And I see he said 6-speed. I noticed in another thread about this swap someone mentioned the 6speed would mate up to the block... is it just a drop in or is there any custom work that needs to be done to get them to work together?

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
joonie78 said:

I find this hard to believe. It might have more torque, but has quite a bit more weight due to the iron block. I still think a highly modded NA tib would eat it's lunch. Have you actually raced a 220hp 2.7L tib?

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
David,

Please respond to my emails when you have a chance. Nice job on the swap. Now all you need is to buy Alpine's prototype 3.5L Supercharger system. We made it a while ago but nobody was interested. It's all sitting in a box waiting for someone to buy it... :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
that shiny blue thing in your first pic looks like that thing (hyper gauss i think thats it) that is supposed to spread the fuel evenly and give you more hp, torque and blah blah... so is it that thing? lol

·
Registered
898 Posts
Faster than a 300hp turbo car? Yeah right, not possible. An evo will eat that car alive, an srt would eat it alive, the new 2.5 wrx would eat it alive, and so will almost any turbo car. And faster than a e46 m3? No............Its a nice swap, but you really added some significant weight which basically negated any gains in hp. And torque only goes so far. Maybe someone with a 3.5 swap stock should race me, I'll give it 2 car lengths,lol. Nah, but the iron block should make it more boost friendly

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
Faster than a 300hp turbo car? Yeah right, not possible. An evo will eat that car alive, an srt would eat it alive, the new 2.5 wrx would eat it alive, and so will almost any turbo car. And faster than a e46 m3? No............Its a nice swap, but you really added some significant weight which basically negated any gains in hp. And torque only goes so far. Maybe someone with a 3.5 swap stock should race me, I'll give it 2 car lengths,lol. Nah, but the iron block should make it more boost friendly
As opposed to what? An iron-sleeved 2.7? I don't think anyone has run into a problem where the block is limiting the amount of boost on the delta yet....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
smeabsy or whatever his name is, is saying he'll be around 23 pounds of boost soon using TC's built lil meanie.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts