Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeking help from all individual's with Ksport coilovers!
Here is my problem. I've got the Quest / Mookee / MK1 coilovers that were sold on ebay ages ago. I like em alot. but im looking for some camber control. Sadly anyone from korea wants $450+ bux for the pillowball mounts. Ultra rev sells the ksport pillowball mounts for about 90 bux or so but im not sure if they will fit.
Heres what i need to know:
Ksport coilover springs Inside Diameter
Ksport coilover springs Outside Diameter
the inside diameter of the hole through the ball that the shaft screws onto.
i understand the above is a little difficult to get but if you could tell me that the nuts are the same from the stock units to the above that'll confirm the size for me as well.
If someone can send me the above information i will measure my quest coilovers to make sure they should fit. if everything looks good i will be the guinnie pig for all of the guys with the quest coilovers that want pillow ball mounts.
Plz help!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I cant tell you about the top nuts being the same, but I can measure the outside diameter of the springs, the diameter of the coils, and the diameter of the strut piston. for the internal diameter of the coil, you can just take the OD - (2*coil diameter).

I will probably do it in a few hours during my lunch.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx a bunch dude,
I've been trying to get something outta ksprot but i havent heard from them yet.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
OK, here you go:

3.4" OD of coil
Coil diameter of .5"
So I guess ID of coil would be 2.4"

The shock/strut piston is .8"
The top part that goes through the pillowball mount (the threaded part of the strut) is about .5"

All these are approximate. I used a digital caliper to measure, but the battery was dead, so I don't have exact measurements.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats perfect. I should be able to determine if they will fit with my coilovers.
Thanx a bunch for your help!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aiet, i got a coil dia of 0.5
spring OD of 3.5
and threaded end OD of 0.5
I think these things are gonna fit!!!!
BOOYA. I will order them sometime this week and post the results for the rest of the guys with the quest units that dont wanna spend 600 bux for front camber adjustment.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AIET, update time.
Things have gone horribly horribly wrong.
Problem # 1: the Ksport pillow ball mounts dont come with the spring perch so ya gotta make your own. I've converted my mill to a lathe and taken care of that problem.
Problem # 2 : Yeah, you guessed it.... they dont fit the shaft either. the threaded portion fits just fine...but the threads are not long enough and the shaft goes to a larger portion with a key on it.

Solution: machine the shaft.......
Finished the passanger front and im getting started on the driver front...it's taken me all weekend with my car out of comission....and it hurt me in the brain. hopefully now that all the jig's etc are built i can get the last one done today.
yeah, did i mention my coilovers are rusted shut too?!?!?!?!?! STUPID CANADIAN SALTY ROADS!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts