Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me and the FedEx guy are becoming buds....

For those looking to purchase Ksport Coilovers... let me recommend Element Motorsports out of Arizona. Very responsive and really fast shipping.

Damn do these things look nice...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
ur just buyin up everything.
Chase
Sweet coilovers, ima go with Koni Yellows and springs.

·
Registered
558 Posts
they look nice, but how do they perform? lol

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
byron said:

From what I've read here on the forum and other forums... Not too shabby!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
byron said:
They perform awesome...... I put it to the test driving 6 hours from MN to Chicago with them (and the roads are pretty bad a long the way). Ive taken corners at 35-40mph with them also.... no roll what so ever.... :D all in all.... a pretty good choice for the price.....

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
2 words kidney failure.

I have them, and while I like them for high performance driving, they are not good for daily city driving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
is it speed elements motorsports? Do they have a website? if they do could you post it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
ArchAngel said:
is it speed elements motorsports? Do they have a website? if they do could you post it? Thanks!
They are a good company. I bought mine through them off ebay, then found out they were local. I had to pay taxes, but they waived the shipping fee since I picked them up from their store. Small shop that probably specialized in mail order, but nice prices.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have em' and freakin love them! Do not buy these if you want comfort! They are stiff as they come! I weigh 175 and if I sit on the hood or front quarter panel it is hard to see if the suspension moves at all.

05GT did you get the winning lottery numbers and not tell us something? You have been buying up a storm! Lucky bastard, you must not be married!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You can buy them off their Ebay website and save over a $100 off their website! I want to get these really bad, but no scratch to fix my itch! As far as how bouncy they are, can you not set them top a setting that makes them more city drivable, or are they bouncy all the time no matter what setting?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JBLover said:
I have em' and freakin love them! Do not buy these if you want comfort! They are stiff as they come! I weigh 175 and if I sit on the hood or front quarter panel it is hard to see if the suspension moves at all.

05GT did you get the winning lottery numbers and not tell us something? You have been buying up a storm! Lucky bastard, you must not be married!
Nah, I didn't win the lotto, but I reenlisted and my buddy uncle sam gave me a nice bonus.. Paid off some bills, put some back, and set a bit to side to fix up the Tibby...

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
kartunez said:
You can buy them off their Ebay website and save over a $100 off their website! I want to get these really bad, but no scratch to fix my itch! As far as how bouncy they are, can you not set them top a setting that makes them more city drivable, or are they bouncy all the time no matter what setting?
Well, there is adjustability in the shocks as to their stiffness, but I have tried close to the very softest setting and it doesn't help much. The problem isn't with the stiffness of the shocks, but the spring rate of the springs, which you can't really do anything about. I've tried both soft shocks, hard shocks, and finally came to a happy medium in the middle.

But it is still a pretty harsh ride.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Malogus said:
Well, there is adjustability in the shocks as to their stiffness, but I have tried close to the very softest setting and it doesn't help much. The problem isn't with the stiffness of the shocks, but the spring rate of the springs, which you can't really do anything about. I've tried both soft shocks, hard shocks, and finally came to a happy medium in the middle.

But it is still a pretty harsh ride.
You gotta pay to play man...

Nice purchase 05, I want a ride in that thing when you install them for sure!

Side note: Is it just a rough ride or is it bouncy? I can handle rough, but bouncy would be aweful.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Tib Fighter2k3 said:
You gotta pay to play man...

Nice purchase 05, I want a ride in that thing when you install them for sure!

Side note: Is it just a rough ride or is it bouncy? I can handle rough, but bouncy would be aweful.
It is not bouncy. The springs are just so stiff that the ride is a bit harsh. On certain roads it may feel a little bouncy because of the road. On a bouncy ride you would feel a little float over bumps, this just feels hard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is the best thing to buy if your looking for a softer ride, i do a lot of traveling and i want something comfortable on road trips. do i just use what i have stock or is there anything out there for me?

i have a 03 gt tib

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Eibach dampers/springs combo. Do them together and save on install price.

I just thought of one more bonus on the KSports, 05GT you willlove the improvement in acceleration in your Tib. The car will not squat and dive when you shift. I swear my car was faster when leaving a stop light with the new suspension.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts