Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering wich shocks would work better on a 06 v6 6 speed with lowering springs ither the KYB GR-2 or the KYB AGX i want ither the espelier springs or the eibach sportlines with out of these two shocks would work best with these springs and also wich springs are better for our car in fittament and performance ???????????????

·
Registered
348 Posts
The last I looked KYB didn't have a figment for our cars in the AGX, just the GR-2s. The GR-2s are stock replacement that are slightly stiffer than stock.

The AGXs would be way better if they made them for our cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
agx shocks are excellent value and performance. i've given up hope that they will ever make em for our tibs. I had them on my old civc and it was an easy four setting adjustment knob where 1 or 2 were perfect for daily driving and 3-4 were nice and stiff for auto-x or if you wanted to really "feel the road" lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what would work best for shocks then i am in the market right now but there are just too many choices

·
Read Only
0 Posts
SONIC33 said:
so what would work best for shocks then i am in the market right now but there are just too many choices
Are you f-ing serious?!? Too many choices? You have either:
1) Koni inserts
2) KYB GR-2s
3) OEM replacements

Eibachs have been discontinued, and KYB doesnt make an AGX application for the tib. I would buy them in the order above, with koni being my first choice(if you don't mind the extra hassle), and OEM being my last.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Koni's are adjustable so if your butt doesn't like it, you can change it.
KYB's are not adjustable, but still equally reliable.
Not a big difference in price between the two, however installation on the Koni's is not for beginners.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Gr-2's are pretty stiff.

EXT. Comp. Stroke Damping (03m/s)
333508 19.64 13.5 6.14 235/50

333509 19.64 13.5 6.14 235/50

333510 21.41 14.33 7.08 118/42

333511 21.41 14.33 7.08 118/42

·
Registered
119 Posts
As for the Koni inserts they do offer the adjustability that i am looking for correct? And also in order to get these inserts installed where would i take them to get the work done since i have a lack of tools/ knowledge on something like this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts