Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of replacing my license plate lights with l.e.d bulbs, but which one's work the best? when i search for the lights a bunch of "desings" for the 194 bulb pop up, for example on this site:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html
they have one through six l.e.d's. I'm sure they all don't light the same (obviously more means brighter) i'm wondering which will give the best light output for the license plates...also i sort of want to match it to my low's and fog's by going 6000k. let me see your pics of the brightness and where you bought yours, thanks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
ehhhhh...maybe it was my bulbs, but I bought a pair of LED bulbs for my license plates from these guys...they ended up burning out really fast. My bulbs were the 12 led hyper white bulbs and at first they lit up awesome. But a couple of weeks went by and I noticed that they were looking dimmer and dimmer. Well...one night, I noticed that one of the bulbs were flashing erratically, and upon closer inspection, I saw that the little LEDs have been burning out one by one. I ended up sticking the stock bulb back in. I'm thinking of throwing a real small neon tube in there sometime...that'll make things a bit brighter ;-)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
limp003 said:
I'm thinking of replacing my license plate lights with l.e.d bulbs, but which one's work the best? when i search for the lights a bunch of "desings" for the 194 bulb pop up, for example on this site:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html
they have one through six l.e.d's. I'm sure they all don't light the same (obviously more means brighter) i'm wondering which will give the best light output for the license plates...also i sort of want to match it to my low's and fog's by going 6000k. let me see your pics of the brightness and where you bought yours, thanks.
I don't usually hate on DIY's but... doing anything that does the police a favor is not my idea of a good idea.

I'm sure it will come out nice tho... gl and post pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts