Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you guys, and gals, tell me what all comes in a lambo door kit, i would like to get some pictures and measurments so that I can try to fabricate my own, If I can do it then I could sell these kits to you at a very low price. please let me know..

·
Registered
151 Posts
How well are your machining skills? and would that violate some type of patent laws. If not just buy a kit and then make a million copies. Than you could sell me one for my great idea..j/k

Look at Autolocs galleries. You can get a good closeup of them. All I see are two struts, brack ets and hinges and some have a wire harness extension.....Good Luck but i feel the heat coming on this one...

·
Registered
647 Posts
good luck fabricating your own. its not that easy. we took a lambo hinge and tried to have it replicated at a machine shop one day, and the only problem we ran into is how to replicate the swivel joint. im guessing you are trying to do this to save some cash, which i cant hate on. but in my opinion just buy a kit. it will be built right, built for the car, and u will have alot less headaches. i PROMISE u. u dont wanna **** around tryin to fab somethin up with that heavy *** door.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i just bought vertical doors from Vertical doors inc. i'm trying to setup a group buy with them. They were really happy with the idea but i dont know how the kit compares to other VD kit prices. with their group buy, if ppl were interested the kit would be at around $1200 shipped. If not it would be around 1300-1350. The listing price of the kit is $1899.

but yah. couple months because i haven't talked to the mod in charge of group buys, plus i want to have it installed on my car (i already have my kit) first to make sure they fit alright and so i can snap pictures of the actual kit ppl will be getting.

but if money is an issue gullwingdoors looks like a good choice as well. Just be sure to buy a kit that is designed for our cars and stay away from the universal ones. Also surf the forums to see who's had issues with the ones designed for the cars and if they were covered by warranty from the company that manufacturs them.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I purchased th ARK vertical door kit this past February during their sale and it cost me $950. The doors are excellent. Very satisfied with them. They usually run $1200. Wait till they go on sale again. Be prepared to spend some money to get a good kit. You do not want a cheap kit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
i paid 920 shipped for my girls lambo doors from evofusion's ebay auction (their auction was like $50 cheaper than going through their company web site). The doors will be here wednesday, which is great. Except for the fact that I paid for them exactly 2 months ago today. So if I were you, don't go through evofusion/shark racing. Yeah Im getting them, but it took a LONG time and they started to ignore my emails when I asked for a tracking number. Just a heads up

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya, you dont want to risk all the damage that for sure will come along with you trying to fab something yourself. I tried this and failed lol . i eventually forked over the money and bought a kit already designed for my car ( 2012 camaro). i got it from eikon motorsports and it came with the installation. as far as price, it really wasn't near as bad as i first thought but afterward, its the best 2000 dollars ive spent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts