Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my install on my 04 Gt, pretty difficult install, we got the drivers side on and found that the passenger side shock was not working properly so today ordered one, the instruction tell you to tape the door to the car, but we found it hard to tighten all the bolts with the door taped on, so on the passenger side when get the shock in, I am going to put the hinge on with the door off the car, then have a couple people pick the door up and bolt it on that way. Then make the adjustments, the guy I got these off of had a brand new set of billet grills, and he never got use them because he ended up putting a razzi body kit on his car, so got them for free, and he is helping me install the doors, the help tiburon owners give others is awesome!

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
bagpiper said:
I thought I wanted a pair until I helped Hatguy put on his vert doors a year ago, OMG! PITA! Damn Wiring extension! Roll what fenders? WTF are we doing?
lol, i was in such that prediciment but I loved it once it was done. It is a little difficult being a daily driver but its still a very nice touch

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know the kit name, definately a pain in the rear to put on, but like he said very worth it, once you get them aligned and set up good, still working the little things out, love how there is no welding direct bolt on rocks! Next thing is body kit, then throw some paint

·
Pete: The Man
4,366 Posts
Yeah. Mine took about 18 hours total to line up and install properly. But you have to admit, they look so nice when finished ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
ToonTownTib said:
Started my install on my 04 Gt, pretty difficult install, we got the drivers side on and found that the passenger side shock was not working properly so today ordered one, the instruction tell you to tape the door to the car, but we found it hard to tighten all the bolts with the door taped on, so on the passenger side when get the shock in, I am going to put the hinge on with the door off the car, then have a couple people pick the door up and bolt it on that way. Then make the adjustments, the guy I got these off of had a brand new set of billet grills, and he never got use them because he ended up putting a razzi body kit on his car, so got them for free, and he is helping me install the doors, the help tiburon owners give others is awesome!
hey after you get done with yours you wanna drive up to lincoln and help me with mine, i have a kit on the way...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
ToonTownTib said:
Razzi = Junk

Congrats on getting the kit though.....

Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You know when it's all done it is so worth it. I have the ARK kit and I never get tired of it. I was a PITA to put on but its one of the best upgrades I've done to the car. I get lots of attention and lots of comments when I take it out. I did find it easier to bolt the hinges to the door while it was off the car and have someone hold the door while I attached bolted the hinge to the frame. Good luck with the install. You won't regret putting them on.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
If you are going for the wow factor they really accent the car nicelly....as far as install they are a pain to do...took me and a friend about 12 hours to install...my car was my daily driver and I never quite got used to having to crawl in and out of it...I'm enjoying having normal doors again and won't be doing that mod on my new ride...

·
Registered
572 Posts
SEAN said:
If you are going for the wow factor they really accent the car nicelly....as far as install they are a pain to do...took me and a friend about 12 hours to install...my car was my daily driver and I never quite got used to having to crawl in and out of it...I'm enjoying having normal doors again and won't be doing that mod on my new ride...
Everyone has their own opinion, mine is my daily driver too, and I never get tired of the doors or any problems getting in or out. I am only 5'6" so I notice that my friends who are taller have a little more difficulty but its not impossible, and I never feel like I'm crawling out.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
donnschroe said:
Everyone has their own opinion, mine is my daily driver too, and I never get tired of the doors or any problems getting in or out. I am only 5'6" so I notice that my friends who are taller have a little more difficulty but its not impossible, and I never feel like I'm crawling out.
haha, im 6' and I have no problem getting in, but a little getting out yet still easier then normal doors

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love the look as well, it took us 3 hours to put the first door on, we are taking off the 650 pressure shocks and installing 750 or 800 now I think... definately getting ALOT more looks now that they are on there, I am also taking the door wiring harness off and straight wiring it...

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,096 Posts
ToonTownTib said:
I love the look as well, it took us 3 hours to put the first door on, we are taking off the 650 pressure shocks and installing 750 or 800 now I think... definately getting ALOT more looks now that they are on there, I am also taking the door wiring harness off and straight wiring it...
Smart move, there. Well, unless you got the actual wiring extension. I helped one of the guys out here do his vertical doors, but he didn't get the wiring extension. I ended up splicing every single wire that went to the doors.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont have the extension for mine, but i benefit because I have been doing soldering and wiring for 10+ years

1 - 16 of 16 Posts