Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

lancer76008

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  VeeDuBiN 
#1 ·
WARNING BEWARE this member lancer76008 ADMIN's and MEMBERS READ....

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the story....
Back in mid October, this member "lancer76008" contacted me saying he had a lambo door kit that he would sell me.. I communicated with him for a full month until now... I had alot of questions i was asking him, making sure all parts and instructions were included. Finally on about the 11th or 12th I made the payment to him on my credit card... Now this is the kicker...
since that day, there has been no charge for the kit, however there is about 5 and sometimes even 6 or 7 charges per day, between november 12th and today the 18th. HE STOLE MY IDENTITY, he has been using my card number, he used my shipping adresse and information along with the card, he even used the phone number I called him from. all of the charges are internet downloads and services and such. He purchased nothing that could be shipped to him, because he was using my address... Its a good thing I have protection on my card, so that placed all of those charges on pending and they contacted me... I told them the cituation and they closed they account and opened the investigation.. The good news... I am not liable for any of the charges I have his phone number, and know what company his cell phone is through I know what city and state he lives in, and they are tracking his IP address.... LANCER76008 I hope you read this, THEY ARE AFTER YOU... the rest of you NT.com guys DO NOT let this guy have any of your information, he is an Identity Thief..

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: WARNING BEWARE this member lancer76008 ADMIN's and MEMBERS READ....

Thanks for the heads up.

How did he get your cc #? I checked him out. Did you give him your cc under the pretense he was a business?

#5 ·

c-man said:
Thanks for the heads up.

How did he get your cc #? I checked him out. Did you give him your cc under the pretense he was a business?
yes, he told me he was running it through his buisiness, thats the only reason I considered giving it to him..

#6 ·

2nd thread you have about this in the same WRONG forum. This forum is for pics of member's rides. Next time, things like this should be in the for sale forum or in general discussion.

Good to hear your not liable, though, and thanks for the heads up. I can't stand people who are too lazy to make a decent living and go around stealing from others. Thats just pathetic.

#9 ·

i remember him coming in here trying to sell cell phones and a x box, dont ever give ur credit card number over a private message unless they have a buisness website and u enter ur card number there to purchase something

#10 ·

What company is his cell phone thru? I can get you an address. You should post all of his personal info. Screw that crap.

#13 ·

rjcool55 said:
t-mobile........
Too bad, if it was Verizon or Cingular I would have it.

#15 ·

i hope he gets caught. and best luck to you.

i signed up at a store for a credit card. It was in a mall. and one of ladies working there charged $800 on it when she opened the account. she basically was gettin people to sign up for the credit card and just chargin wat she wants on it. I got her busted and she got F'd bad.

#16 · (Edited)

Your bank should have a Fraud Department which you should file with if you haven't done so already.

As for lancer76008, we'll keep an eye out on that account.

Please exercise supreme caution when giving other members your banking/credit information.

(ie: Don't do it! That's what PayPal's for folks!!)

(Moving to General Discussion)

#18 ·

gamble said:
T-Mobile LOL?!?
Number beginning with +43676...?

Thats an Austrian cell phone provider..

regards phiL
T-mobile exists other places; in fact, primarily in other places. I live in California and have had T-mobile for about 4 years.

#20 ·

gamble said:
T-Mobile LOL?!?
Number beginning with +43676...?

Thats an Austrian cell phone provider..

regards phiL
dude since you're in europe like me you should know that t mobile is all over europe....and it's all over the states as well...it's one of the biggest cell phone providers

#21 ·

but yeah seriously this is the exact reason you use paypal

#22 ·

BlackWidow04 said:
but yeah seriously this is the exact reason you use paypal
Yeah, I use paypal or I just dont buy it online from that certain person

#23 ·

Online payments should only be made with credit card over secured sites only, dont message someone or call them with your credit card number. Paypal is the best way with a credit card as the source funds, your backed by both companies in case something happens.

#24 ·

croat said:
Online payments should only be made with credit card over secured sites only, dont message someone or call them with your credit card number. Paypal is the best way with a credit card as the source funds, your backed by both companies in case something happens.
Theres another option, in which i use all the time when having to give out my "cc number". Depending on your credit card company (Citibank for mine for example), they have virtual credit card numbers. These are 1 time use, and some companies let you put a limit on them ($1 for example). They work miracles, as only 1 purchase can be made to it...after that, rest of them are denied. Call your credit card company, or login to your online account. For citi, theres a little image at the top right that says 'keep your identity secure, use a virtual credit card', then its just as simple as pie!

Hope that helps.

#26 ·

Zunger said:
Theres another option, in which i use all the time when having to give out my "cc number". Depending on your credit card company (Citibank for mine for example), they have virtual credit card numbers. These are 1 time use, and some companies let you put a limit on them ($1 for example). They work miracles, as only 1 purchase can be made to it...after that, rest of them are denied. Call your credit card company, or login to your online account. For citi, theres a little image at the top right that says 'keep your identity secure, use a virtual credit card', then its just as simple as pie!

Hope that helps.
Nice feature. I'm going to have to check that out. I just foiled some frauder's attempt to use my card to buy World of Warcraft leveling upgrades. :3_frusty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.