Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 GT V6. I want to replace the stock tail and turn signal bulbs with LED ones. Will this cause my cruise control to fail or not? Any help is appreciated. Please respond here or E-mail me directly at [email protected]. Thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
if you install them in your tail brake light your cc will not work you need a resistor, they will work in the signal light but will flash very fast add a resistor to also solve this problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guys at Velocity LEDs are telling me that installing resistors on all of the light lines will solve the cruise control and blinker problems. They say this installation is easy. Has anyone done this and what do you think about it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
I think LED bulbs are a waste. I had some on my old car, and you could hardly see them. They are very directional, and dont spread out. The resistor thing just adds to the stupidness. Unless you rigged some actual full LED taillights, I wouldnt waste my money. Spend it on something to make it faster. :)

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
I think LED bulbs are a waste. I had some on my old car, and you could hardly see them. They are very directional, and dont spread out. The resistor thing just adds to the stupidness. Unless you rigged some actual full LED taillights, I wouldnt waste my money. Spend it on something to make it faster. :)
i have them in my reverse lights and license plate lights.. they work very well and look great.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
i have them in my reverse lights and license plate lights.. they work very well and look great.
http://autolumination.com/194.htm <------ I have the 4star High flux fully regulated Leds for license plate bulbs and my inside door lights(white leds) I have clear interior door lenses. They're freeking awsome!!!! I can't even explain to you how bright they are with a very slight blue tint. They're current regulated and have cooling features so they wont overheat and burn out.

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm <------- I have the Eagle Eye Tower It has 11 high flux leds around the bulb to fill the lense and a high powered 3watt wide angle high flux led facing forward. They're also regulated and cooled. I have them in my reverse lights(white leds) and again they're the brightest things Ive seen. Brighter then Oem bulbs with a white slight hid purplish tint. I love led bulbs and company's are actually startng to make replacement bulbs functional with side angle, wide angle ect..... to fill light housing and not just forward facing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts