Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, first off- I know this has been coered 43253265345 times.. but I can't find out some of this stuff...

ok, I have a little piece (2' x 5") and I wanna pull it apart and stick a bunch of leds on there..

my questions-

would I have to add resistors to the setup? I figured that since I would have so many I would not need any..

the power in the rear (center brake light) thats 12V, right?
does it change with different cars? (1986 RX-7 :3_winkthu )

and I will want clear red led's and they can be the standard size-
if I use so many- then I should not be concerned with the brightness, right?- it will be bright enough? (to shine through a nightshaded piece of 1/8" plexi-glass)

and what websites have you guys used ad would reccomend?

thanks guys :3_worship :3_pimatyo

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Hey I'm here I'm here.

You will most likely need to use something like a 1/4 v resistor, as 12v will fry most LEDs in a second. You just need to add it in the setup before the first LED on the + line. If you need one (or a couple) let me know bc I have hundreds sitting here...

12v is usually the standard for car electronic equipment nowadays but idk about an '86.

I can also get you as many LEDs as you need. lmk. or just get them on eBay.

I'm guessing by "Standard size" you mean 5mm.

As long as you get anything over about 2000 mcd you should be fine for brightness.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
paul... you have all those LEDs around... do you like the gills they have with the LEDs in them? cuz i mean.. id figure you could do those easy... also i was thinkin a while ago... and well if you took some amber LEDs couldnt you hook up LED gills into the turn signal things somehow?

·
Registered
425 Posts
paul... you have all those LEDs around... do you like the gills they have with the LEDs in them? cuz i mean.. id figure you could do those easy... also i was thinkin a while ago... and well if you took some amber LEDs couldnt you hook up LED gills into the turn signal things somehow?

I made my own custom gill led's with the 05 gills on my 04 Tib. You can hook them up to the turn signal...all you gotta do is splice 2 out of the 3 wires that run to the turn signal. That's what I did.

Daniel

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Yeah I can do them but they're a pain... it takes about 10 hours of labor to do both sides. I was thinking about doing some (for myself) with amber so it's legal to use as turn signals. :3_winkthu

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
How many are you planning on using? Because unless it's like over 75 they'll probably blow with 12v.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts