Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see what looks cleanest, to see what route I want to go with my setup.. I want to see all the different gauges too to see what works with the Tib interior.

Let's see them pics guys, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i wanna get a CF a-pillar triple gauge pod once i need'em

but those seem to be hard to find in CF :(

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
mewario said:
very nice, with the ati epod, do they obscure your vision of your standard gauges at all?
Eh, not really. It takes out a little piece of both bottom corners.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are those mechanical or electrical gauges? I'm mulling that one over, any recommendation? I'm probably just going to go with Oil pressure and Oil temp.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
take both electrical and a sandwich plate.. :)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts

BROS Gauge faces, and Autometer Ultra lites in the A-pillar. Speedhut gauge surround too, with the IFMAR fuel/temp ring.

-BRR

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
mewario said:
are those mechanical or electrical gauges? I'm mulling that one over, any recommendation? I'm probably just going to go with Oil pressure and Oil temp.
Mine are electrical, Fuel Pressure and A/F Ratio.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
cyberdyne are sweet, don't like only the flames on gauges ..

·
Registered
355 Posts
mewario said:
You must get eletrical for oil pressure... mechanical is a huge saftey hazzard, who wants a hot line of oil coming in the car? What if it breaks? The only thing i would do mechanical is mabye boost. Alot of people say that they are more accurate, plus a few bucks cheeper. But then again, whats acuracy with boost, its mabye 1psi off. If u have a leak it will still show. Its not like boost is super important after tuning anywat\y. I'd say A/f and oil pressure are more important. If ur N/A id say go with the A/F guage for sure, I dont see why oil pressure would be of any use to you. You have a oil light for that. You have an engine temp to so i dont see that either. Seems kinda like that show aspect. But if ur into that then kewl, have a wack at it!

I have 3 guages, AEM wideband, autometer mechanical 30psi boost/vac, and autometer short sweep eletrical oil pressure. I love the autometer guages, they look sleek and you can tell by holding them they are made so much beter then others.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
actually boost is very important...

you dont want boost spikes

·
Registered
981 Posts
i been wanting to get some gauges, just for looks, is it hard to install with the wiring, i want to get that pillar with the 3 slots to get gauges in

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
MoogLe said:
i wanna get a CF a-pillar triple gauge pod once i need'em

but those seem to be hard to find in CF :(
Roadrace Motorsports is the only place that I've seen with the CF pillar.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Falcon_w13 said:
those BROS gauges look so sweet... i might just have to get some of those...
KPH ONLY for the KDM hawtness...lol...I love em. One of my top 3 fave cosmetic mods on my car!

As for mechanical oil pressure gauges, I have one. It's great. It doesn't leak, nor will it. You can't be using that craptastic nylon line they give you in the box, though. Copper tubing will ensure nice safe oil-free interiors...lol...

-BRR

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Tanelk said:
i been wanting to get some gauges, just for looks, is it hard to install with the wiring, i want to get that pillar with the 3 slots to get gauges in
It's not hard...it can be testing of patience though, getting all the wiring (and tubing, if you use mechanical gauges) all neat and tidy and fitting properly behind the pillar pod..it can be trialling. Some basic wiring knowhow, patience and basic tools will get you what you want!

-BRR

1 - 20 of 56 Posts