Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys.
So I have this dilemma where apparently the wind is coming around or under the bumper and is actually bending my plate a bit...it's like a license plate taco. Has anyone had this issue? If so, do you have any cool mounting kits or anything you used? It actually caused my plastic frame to snap, that's why I care. Also, this can be applied to my front as well, I just got a ticket for not having a front plate. Stupid CA plate laws. LAME!!

By the way, the car is an 03 GT.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
the plate does not drop below the diffuser, and i wouldnt believe just normal wind resistance would bend it

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
The wind is not bending the plate. You probably have kids near where you live and they're doing it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This usually happens from going through automatic car washes without a sturdy plate frame.

Solution: Bend the plate back and buy a metal plate frame. Or stop going through automatic car washes :3_winkthu

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...I do hit the occasional auto car wash when I'm in a pinch and the car is filthy, I bet thats what it is. Good call.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Slow down...

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Unless your going back to the future your plate should not bend because of wind. I would beat up the neighbor kids.

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
Unless your going back to the future your plate should not bend because of wind. I would beat up the neighbor kids.
Unless his flux capacitor isn't tuned right. It may cause a vortex to form around the car but may not be enclosing that bottom part of the license plate. Movement through the space/time continuum may be causing the plate to bend.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Unless his flux capacitor isn't tuned right. It may cause a vortex to form around the car but may not be enclosing that bottom part of the license plate. Movement through the space/time continuum may be causing the plate to bend.
yeah either that or these kids

·
Registered
272 Posts
This usually happens from going through automatic car washes without a sturdy plate frame.

Solution: Bend the plate back and buy a metal plate frame. Or stop going through automatic car washes :3_winkthu
OR be like me and if you DO go threw a car wash carry a screwdriver and take it off just before going in.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
what kind of carwashes do you guys go through?? I have been through several and never had this problem before.

·
Registered
272 Posts
what kind of carwashes do you guys go through?? I have been through several and never had this problem before.
Any carwashes that arent touchless.

Especially the ones that have two vertical spinning brushes that go around the back off the car... they get in there between the plate and defuser and its bye bye licence plate lol. I've actually worried about my plate getting ripped off before.

·
Banned
1,074 Posts
Any carwashes that arent touchless.

Especially the ones that have two vertical spinning brushes that go around the back off the car... they get in there between the plate and defuser and its bye bye licence plate lol. I've actually worried about my plate getting ripped off before.
yes i have encountered these blue beasts but they never ripped my license plate off before lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts