Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been back at work for a month now and i try to keep myself busy but its still not enough.

Since i got out of jail everything in my life has just turned upside down. I feel really depressed and i dont even feel like taking care of the tib anymore, sometimes i just want to sell it, i even thought of wrecking it on a roundabout the other day!! I dont know why everything is messing up, you know i try to be nice to people and all they do is walk all over me and i just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

My life at home sux a$$, my parents dont talk to each other anymore and my house is like a hotel. I come home and there isnt anyone here so i go up to my room power up the XBOX and go through hours of gaming until i get tired and then just sleep.

I really need a vacation!! I think i'll go to Thailand for new years or something maybe that'll do the trick.

Anyway i just thought i would share my woes with you guys, i dont really have anyone else to talk to.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
DIDZ said:
I've been back at work for a month now and i try to keep myself busy but its still not enough.

Since i got out of jail everything in my life has just turned upside down. I feel really depressed and i dont even feel like taking care of the tib anymore, sometimes i just want to sell it, i even thought of wrecking it on a roundabout the other day!! I dont know why everything is messing up, you know i try to be nice to people and all they do is walk all over me and i just cant figure out what i am doing wrong.

My life at home sux a$$, my parents dont talk to each other anymore and my house is like a hotel. I come home and there isnt anyone here so i go up to my room power up the XBOX and go through hours of gaming until i get tired and then just sleep.

I really need a vacation!! I think i'll go to Thailand for new years or something maybe that'll do the trick.

Anyway i just thought i would share my woes with you guys, i dont really have anyone else to talk to.
I know how you feel... trust me ive had my hardships. i wish i could say **** gets better but it really doesnt (at least it hasent for me) The only advice i can give you is stick through it and hope your luck changes... thats what i keep telling myself

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Sometimes you can't change your circumstances, like your family. But if you're thinking about doing something serious like wrecking your car on purpose, then you need to see your doctor. I know it's against this macho fascade we try to exude, but the fact that you're posting here, expressing your feelings, proves two things: that you are self-aware enough to know that something is wrong, and that you want to fix it.

It sounds like just a short-term thing. You need something to lift you out of your rut. There are meds available for just the sort of thing you're going through. It happens to EVERYONE. The point is, you can do nothing and get out of your rut in a month or two, or you can see your doctor and get out of your rut in a week or two.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Its going to be ok...
When you went to jail, i thought my life was over... i thought i couldnt live my life alone for a whole year without you, you were my life my love my everything, you are my best friend and the only one i used to talk to..

My friends (so they call themselves) left me alone, and just pretended to be there for me and that they cared and that they were only a phone call away... (NOT)
but then i put my time and effort into my work and my future to get out of that mess... i bought the Tib, i made new good friends and i new exactly who my real friends were... i just picked up the pieces and moved on, and now you're here and my life is much better than it used to Adel despite the problems we're going through...

I chose to beat this thing and be tough and get over it and get on with my life... not thinking constantly that my life is sh!t and was and still is going downhill... i mean WTF who gives a sh!t... we only live once... make the most of it... just move on baby... it might take time but dont let it... go out and have fun.. just enjoy your life for the sake of having one at least... then it'll all be in the past.. and what you feel now will fade away and be a distant memory...

I will always be there for you....

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
i dont mean to be a as*hole and im gonna be as real as i can to you.. get over it.. the past is the past, you must live the present to survive the future.. i know you have pain and i dont know what its like because im not in your shoes but come on now man, its over.. its been over.. live your life now!!.. open that shop up that you were talking about in that thread you made.. do your thing.. be happy.. you get one life.. live everyday as if it was your last and take every breath as it if was your last taste of air.. iv had pain in my life.. alot of pain and when i think about it the tears can build up, but i wont let them come out.. i stay strong and learn from the mistakes and all the sh*t thats happened to me.. and you know what? after every mistake and bad thing that has come my way, i become a stronger man.

stay up brother

·
Registered
464 Posts
i almost killed myself once...cost me 15000$ in hospital bills and im paying for it still, dont do it man, life will get better eventually the key is just to get through to that eventually. You only live once, dont forsake that, now get ur *** over here to the USA and party on new years :p

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Narmeen said:
Its going to be ok...
When you went to jail, i thought my life was over... i thought i couldnt live my life alone for a whole year without you, you were my life my love my everything, you are my best friend and the only one i used to talk to..

My friends (so they call themselves) left me alone, and just pretended to be there for me and that they cared and that they were only a phone call away... (NOT)
but then i put my time and effort into my work and my future to get out of that mess... i bought the Tib, i made new good friends and i new exactly who my real friends were... i just picked up the pieces and moved on, and now you're here and my life is much better than it used to Adel despite the problems we're going through...

I chose to beat this thing and be tough and get over it and get on with my life... not thinking constantly that my life is sh!t and was and still is going downhill... i mean WTF who gives a sh!t... we only live once... make the most of it... just move on baby... it might take time but dont let it... go out and have fun.. just enjoy your life for the sake of having one at least... then it'll all be in the past.. and what you feel now will fade away and be a distant memory...

I will always be there for you....
^^^^^^^ Proof that you're a luckier man that you realize.

·
Registered
465 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
^^^^^^^ Proof that you're a luckier man that you realize.
:3_withstu

Word.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your advice guys, i know it was stupid to say i want to wreck my car!! Besides i was looking at the tib today and thinking i cant believe i even thought of such a thing!!! My poor baby!! I'l be make it upto her REAL soon!! Lotsa christmas presents for the tib!!

Anyway i think its just a phase i was going through, you know when you think about all the bad things that have happened to ya and wonder why these things happen and then the ultimate question "what did i do wrong to deserve all of this?" But after reading your posts i realised i'm not gonna sit around sulking anymore, the hell with my problems i'm gonna enjoy myself whatever happens ... happens. right?

Anyway thanks a bunch fellas i really appreciate it, it feels good to know that i've always got friends around even though we've never met, i hope we do one day.

As for you NARMEEN thanks for everything babygirl, i really appreciate and love everything you've ever done for me. And after everything we've been through i know you'll always be there for me when i need you, You know you'll always be my babygirl and i'll be there for you as well whenever you need me no matter what. I love you sooooo much you wascawy wabbit you!!!

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Awww, you guys are really cute....now give me your wing and you can get back to your business haha!

Seriously dude, i don't think i need to tell you how silly you are thinking right now. I'm sure it was just a bad few days or weeks, and you're suffering from a little "just got out of the joint" syndrome...but there is a very simple and trite saying (or cliche) i live by:

"It could always be worse"

Believe me. When i first moved from Bahrain to Kenya after being in Bahrain School with everybody wearing Armani and driving a S500, i saw people eating rats and alley cats on the street, and whole families of 20 eating the same amount of rice i eat as my first helping at dinner. I remember one time a truck full of cattle turned over on the road, and within minutes, literally thousands of people with machetes came and cut up the cattle in the middle of the highway because they were starving. Scenes such as this put things in perspective and made me thankful for my supposedly depressing life because i couldn't buy the latest pair of Jordans or by new rims for my car.

If the above doesn't work, then i'll narrate a brief anecdote of the most depressing period in my life.

Back in 2001, i was hooked up with a girl when i was in Houston, and this broad filled my head with all that "i'll never leave you" and "love shall lead the way" type BS. And like a true sucker i fell for it. (Damn you Leonardo di Caprio!) So things were cool until 9/11 and the hotel we both worked in lost over $1 million in revenue when the FAA stopped flights over the continental US for 3 weeks. So we were laid off. I was jobless, in HEAVY debt (i had to pay $522 a month for my apartment, $550 for my car note, $300 for my insurance, and that was just for starters). Welfare would only pay me about $600 every 2 weeks which was well under half of what i used to make. Couldn't find a job because all the hotels and restaurants were suffering. Then this chick tells me her dad in the Philippines is sick and dying. She leaves saying she'll come back after a month or so. A month passes and no word from her.In the meantime, i had to rob a few stores to survive. No guns or violence involved. Just rudimentary break in and snatch and grab. But i got my karma, as a few weeks later, my entire apartment was robbed. Even my clothes. They took everything except my bathroom slippers and bits of furniture which cost me $20 at K-Mart. Meantime, i didn't hear from this girl. So in an insane stupor, I sell all my parts on my convertible Eclipse worth over $10,000 (Volk Rims, Full Pioneer audio system, engine work with all the bells and whistles, and fully customised interior - i actually took 3rd place at Hot Import Nights in Houston) for just under $2,000 and buy a ticket to the Phiippines. I had no where to stay, no one to go to, and no way to find her. After a few days however i did, and once again, she filled my head with all that romantic hoopla and i thought the trip was worth it. She let me stay with a friend of hers, and everything was fine and dandy - until she decided to go to Australia to study again. Just packed her bags and left. Meanwhile this "friend" of hers i stayed with had a boyfriend who decided to accuse me of stealing $1,500 from them and called the NBI (filipino equivalent to the FBI) and had me interrogated and arrested. They threw out the charges eventually, and i was scot free. But i had nowhere to stay. My parents had disowned me in the meantime because they were ashamed of what i had done in the past few months. I slept on top of cars, under bridges, and developed an intimate knowledge of the slum areas of Manila. I had to fix cellphones for a few bucks a day (this was the time when changing LED lights on cellphones was the craze, before color screens came out) and i often went for days with just a pack of instant noodles in my pocket. Finally after 6 months, my parents decide to rescue me and bring me back to Germany. I had lost almost 40lbs in the mean time, my self respect and dignity.

I recovered, and once again decided to try and go to Australia to be with this broad. No luck however, and i did the next best thing and moved to New Zealand. I took a job as a waiter, thinking i'd get her back but no word from her. Until a few months later, when her new fiancee decides to email me and tell me i'm not a man, and that i was selfish, yadda yadda yadda. And he threatened retribution if i ever tried to go to Sydney.

Of course i was dejected, and i became a raving alcoholic and i was a mild drug addict. Marijuana, PCP, Crystal Meth, you name it i was on it. I was so high on meth once i played PS2 for 4 days and i had to smoke a joint just to get back to sleep. I got kicked out of my apartment building and i was fired from my job, which was in a hotel who's GM was one of my dad's best friends. I had embarrased myself and my family once again.

If you think this is bad, i repeated the above 2 years ago. Met another chick in Abu Dhabi, got fired, and got mislead once again. And went through the same sad sh*t i went through just a few years before.

So as you can see, my life wasn't all sunshine and daisies. But i made it through. Mind you the above is a VERY abbreviated version of the past 6 years of my life. I prayed to God (i had forgotten God throughout this entire ordeal) and now i never fail to go to church every Sunday. I have a beautiful and loving wife now who i'm sure after 2 years will never commit the travesty that these other broads did to me. And obviously now i'm not so quick in being gullible. I follow my head a lot more than my heart. I have very few friends now - actually i don't have any friends except you, Ihsan, Narmeen and a couple of guys in my apartment building. I am very self-reliant now, and i keep myself busy. I've learned not to depend on anyone - so i'm prepared for the worst when it happens. Not to say i'm a sociopath or some sort of wierdo. I've just learned not to depend on others for my happiness, and not to forget my faith in God.

Mind you, i had to deal with poverty being someone who was raised in a family of wealth and pedigree. So can you imagine how much harder it was for me to have to deal with living in the streets and being an alcoholic and drug addict after having lived a life of privilege and luxury for 20 years?

So the reason why i say this to you Adel is BELIEVE ME, things could be worse. I know its hard to readjust to life after what you went through and the things that haunt you from the past and present. But you've got your health. You've got a woman who loves you and who would go to the ends of the earth for you. You've got a job - maybe not a fantastic one, but it pays the bills. You've found out who your real friends are. You've made new friends (holla at your boy!). Life will throw all sorts of obstacles, trials and tribulations your way, and to be honest, it makes life more interesting that way. You learn to appreciate the little things and to humble yourself, and not get caught up in the petty ******** that governs most people's lives. Through every experience you'll learn life lessons and become a stronger person until you get to the point where nothing bothers you anymore because you've been through the worst. I've hit rock bottom many times, and i look back and i don't want to fall in that pit of shame again.

So keep your chin up homie. Give me your wing and i'll be your best friend. Haha. Just playing. Or maybe not. Hmmm....

Give me a shout whenever you feel in the pits. But remember what me and other members have said. Face up to the challenge and live out your dreams. You've hit a few bumps, but now its time to get back on the saddle. So giddy up. You'll look back one day and tell yourself how stupid you were to think you wanted to kill yourself, and be glad that you persevered. You'll get a better job, get married, move in a new house, and have a bunch of little Adel's and Narmeen's running around. And believe me you'll forget all about this point in your life. And if you don't, i'm going to whup your a** into shape!

Take it easy my friend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
^^^ You're a good friend buddy...
thanx for that, i mean the part where you said you have us as your friends.. means alot to me man...

i always keep reminding Adel that he's lucky to have a lot of friends that just adore him... and that we all go through rough times all the time... its just harder this time for him because... well..... it includes us.... but he knows very well that i would never EVERRRRR leave his side... i'd withstand all of hell just to see him happy...

and for the wing man, LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i'll get you one, on your birthday even, but just GET OVER it already!!! (honestly, i had an eye for Ihsan's.. so what do you say i get you that one for Christmas!!!) hehehehehehehehehehe kidding bro.... juuust kidding!!! take care man
:3_smile:

Laterzzz

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!! Your the greatest!! Cyrus if the wing goes missing I KNOW WHERE YOU WORK BUDDY!!!! DONT MAKE ME :qleft1:

Thanks for your support guys! You'll be glad to know i am back on my feet not giving a sh!t about the world and getting a tattoo on saturday (I hope)!!!! I am gonna start enjoying myself from now on!!

I'm trying to go to Thailand with a buddy of mine for new years!! Anyone coming?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Airgutter87 said:
Move to America it will solve your problems :3_yes:

yea, the middle east blows. It is basically hell on earth......

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys but everything is ok now. I started working at Porsche ysterday and i'm lovin it!!! The showroom is beautiful and the comission package is ..... well lets say if i meet my target and save my full comission every month i'll be able to buy the the new camaro cash when it comes out. And from the way things looked on the first day meeting my target doesnt seem that difficult.

But before that i'm gonna get :3_marrysm and then save up for 2 years and buy myself and the wifey a camaro!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
cchilders13 said:
yea, the middle east blows. It is basically hell on earth......
Hey man, i resent that sort of comment. While there are misgivings living in the middle east, i don't feel any worse living here as i do living stateside.

Although i do feel a little bit of discrimination here (in terms of being looked down upon being Asian who are viewed as second class citizens here) and other annoying cultural nuances, i enjoy living here, and there are a lot of Americans such as myself and a whole litany of other nationalities who love it here.

I don't have to worry about getting robbed walking in the middle of the street, or having my car broken into (which happens a lot in southwest Houston). I don't have helicopter's buzzing over my apartment block every night and five-o breaking up ***** fights at 5 AM. I don't have to worry about getting shot because guns are not only illegal here - they are IMPOSSIBLE to obtain, and crime here in general is virtually non existant, because i'd rather be stuck in Chino or Riker's than stuck in a prison in Bahrain - hence why most people are law abiding citizens here.

So whatever your reasons for calling the middle east "hell on earth" is unjustified. And Iraq and Palestine are not the only countries in the Middle East. People here in the Gulf states - meaning Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Bahrain live like kings. We live tax free and i personally have free food, a 800 sq foot luxury apartment subsidized by my company and a host of other benefits i would only dream of in the US (at least in the restaurant business - i'm not talking about law firms or being a neurosurgeon in Johns Hopkins)

South Central L.A. is hell on earth. 5th Ward in Houston is hell on earth. Marcy projects in NY is hell on earth. Terrorists or gangbanging crack dealers - is there a difference? I'd have more chances of getting smoked by some punk hitting the crack pipe than by some bearded afghani with C4 wrapped around his waist....

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cyrus,

discretion is the better part of valor buddy!!! As an arab i resent that kind of comment as well but if he wants to be ignorant about it then as one of our fellow NT members likes to quote (not sure who)

"whatever floats his boat !!"

Anyway how you feelin? I hope your better. Holla at your boy!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts