Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1483 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an 06 GT with stock suspension. I'm looking into getting a set of 18x9's with 235/45 tires (comes with the wheels). In the first post it clearly says they'll rub. Can I roll the fenders enough for em to fit? I'm assuming I'll have to remove the fender liners too right?

*EDIT* Alright, so I've done a little more reading and it seems it's really difficult without some sort of wide body. Is there anyone at all that's gotten em to fit with stock fenders?

I guess I just wanna be 100% sure I'll need overfenders before I buy them.

Also, does anyone run 18s with 45 aspect ratio? Do the tires look too big on the car?
You will definitely need to get your fenders rolled to fit them. I'm running 17x9 rpf1s with +45 offset, I bought them second hand for a good deal and needed to get my fenders rolled, plus 1 inch spacers and hub centric rings to make them fit right. So if you are running 9 inch wide wheels you'll want a +20 offset or so.
For tire size I would get 235 35 18 or 245 35 18. You would get better fitment with the 235 but it will be stretched a bit on a 9 inch wheel. Those sizes would be the closest to stock diameter at a 18x9 wheel.
I can post pics of mine if you want

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will definitely need to get your fenders rolled to fit them. I'm running 17x9 rpf1s with +45 offset, I bought them second hand for a good deal and needed to get my fenders rolled, plus 1 inch spacers and hub centric rings to make them fit right. So if you are running 9 inch wide wheels you'll want a +20 offset or so.
For tire size I would get 235 35 18 or 245 35 18. You would get better fitment with the 235 but it will be stretched a bit on a 9 inch wheel. Those sizes would be the closest to stock diameter at a 18x9 wheel.
I can post pics of mine if you want
rpf1s are sweet. Pics would be great. I like the look of 18s but its hard to find wheels I like in that size with the correct bolt pattern for a good price. Especially ones that come with tires already. That's why I was tempted to buy these.The wideness I was willing to work around. Fender rolling may be a bit tricky. I just got some bondo work done on the drivers side rear quarter panel right on the corner of the wheel well where the quarter panel ends and the bumper starts (hopefully I explained that right). Which is why I figured I'd take the overfender route if clearance ever became an issue. But the other problem is that the tires [that come with the wheels] are kinda thick or tall (aspect ratio. u know what I mean). If the tires that come with the wheels aren't the right size than it probably is not worth it. But I wanted other tib owners opinions.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would avoid rolling the fenders if they have bondo on them, it will probably crack and you would have to have the body work done again. If you get fenders you will need to have the area cut off, then have the new fenders riveted on, then maybe body filler if you don't want rivets showing, and finally paint. Just know that either way it's going to be a decent amount of work.
My opinion, if I wanted a set of wheels and they were a good price and came with tires I would just get them. Your going to change the tires eventually anyways but it does add to the price since a new set of tires in the size you need will run you a decent amount.
Here are some pictures with 17x9 +45 with 25mm spacer wrapped with some 245 40 17 tires. (I apologize for the dirty Tib on jack stands, I'm changing a lot of suspension parts out and hopefully will get it painted soon so it doesn't look like a lemon :crying:)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry I meant what tires would go on a 17x7 +48 w/ a 25mm spacer without rubbing. Would it still be a 235/40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, but I didn't read everything, only about 15 pages. I couldn't find results for this dimension on a eibach pro kit.

Rims: Alutec Pearl - 18x8.5, ET40
Tire: 225/40/18
Lowered: Eibach pro kit

Will it fit or rub?
Do i need any spacers/roll fenders?

From stock 215/45/17 - 17x7, calculator says 13mm more towards fender and 25mm more towards shock.

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
will it fit with 225/45/17 on stock height ?

MR131 SILVER 17x8 +40 cb72.60
Motegi Racing
SKU: MR13178012440
Finish : SILVER
Offset : 40
Center Bore : 72.60

AV-50 MACHINED FACE 17X8.0 +35 cb73.1
AVID.1
SKU: AV5017805H35MF
Finish : MACHINED FACE
Offset : 35
Center Bore : 73.10

·
Registered
295 Posts
No. That will be too big of an overall diameter and mess with your speedometer and odometer. That wheel is only half an inch wider than stock so your best bet will be a stock size tire. 215/45 17

1441 - 1460 of 1483 Posts