Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have created a list, and budget, for a starting a N/A set-up.

CAI: Fujita 04-08 Cold Air Intake for I4 $239

Exhaust: ARK Ti N-II v.2 Dual Exhaust System for 03-08 $929

Header: 03-ON Tiburon ARK R-spec header I4 $649

Any suggestions? For the header, I could get a test pipe, but with the ARK exhaust system, I do not think I need it.

total pricing comes to. $1817, not including shipping

Sounds reasonable???

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
that sounds like an awesome setup man! im sure if you looked around you could probably find some of that cheaper, like maybe in a bundle buy or something.
too bad you just missed Arks sale =/

it was like 1400 for the headers/exhaust

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn >_<

Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles : ) Thanks though. Im going to head out of town for the next 3 weeks, but when i get back, I should be able to start. Just got my last 2 paychecks (out of town before) and have the money.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Damn >_<

Oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles : ) Thanks though. Im going to head out of town for the next 3 weeks, but when i get back, I should be able to start. Just got my last 2 paychecks (out of town before) and have the money.
You didnt miss Arks sale, he extended it to August 25th

http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164605&page=6 scroll down a few posts

so your in luck!

that list looks really good though, I just bought Ark Headers and N-II exhaust myself

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My only suggestion is that (and most wont agree) you can make the same power on way less budget. A custom cold air intake should not cost more that 150 bucks if you DIY. Same for exhaust if put together right is 300 DIY using alot of stock pieces including tips. And headers should be no more than 500 for what your actually gaining. A lot of times a 1000 dollar part performs the same as a 300 dollar part just gotta know where you can cut corners.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
My only suggestion is that (and most wont agree) you can make the same power on way less budget. A custom cold air intake should not cost more that 150 bucks if you DIY. Same for exhaust if put together right is 300 DIY using alot of stock pieces including tips. And headers should be no more than 500 for what your actually gaining. A lot of times a 1000 dollar part performs the same as a 300 dollar part just gotta know where you can cut corners.
This is very true!! Just don't cut too many corners...

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
If you wanna go custom exhaust, look for some exhaust places in your area. For the CAI, you can make your own out of piping and just buy a filter.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I always like more bang for the buck. Know any place where I can do the customs you talk about for CAI Mbradley?
Ya the intake can be pieced together A: Your local autoparts store B: The sell kits on ebay just needs a filter upgrage. Or you can always support NT members and buy one of the many used CAI that are for sale on here because most take good care of it and im sure its practically in new condition. Im just a big fan of saving all the money i can and when you throw out 1800 for a I/H/E im like wow lol.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do alot of races with a 67 mustang fastback ;) thats where I get the money...not my car though, the mechanic behind it cant drive anymore..so I do that for him, get a goood share of the profit

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
list looks great, but "reasonable"?! this varies from one person to another.

you could save some, but I believe if you will do the custom stuff RIGHT, you would save only couple hundreds more or less. If you have the cash... get these :)
With ARK header's you're getting the test pipe free, just ensure putting some high flow cat in there.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alrighty.

Well I talked to the hyundai dealership here, and they said what I put on wont void the warrenty, unless it breaks..so if something goes wrong later down the road, I can bring it to an outside repair shop. XD

·
Registered
702 Posts
i have the ark n2 dual exhaust on my i4 with a injen cold air intake and it sounds awesome. But i'm afraid to get headers, i here that headers do not do alot and they have to be rapped do to excess heat, and if the cat isn't right it can make the i4's sound bad....

·
Banned
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hah,

I probably will get the headers, and eventually the turbo when I feel im ready for it.

I just highway tested with stock stuff from VA to Iowa..and got 33-36 mpg.

soooo much fun. Im going to but on tuscani badging soon aswell..so damn tired of the H.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ok, so I have created a list, and budget, for a starting a N/A set-up.

CAI: Fujita 04-08 Cold Air Intake for I4 $239

Exhaust: ARK Ti N-II v.2 Dual Exhaust System for 03-08 $929

Header: 03-ON Tiburon ARK R-spec header I4 $649

Any suggestions? For the header, I could get a test pipe, but with the ARK exhaust system, I do not think I need it.

total pricing comes to. $1817, not including shipping

Sounds reasonable???
definately keep your stock cat though. I dont know where you are registered, but to pass inspection in VA you need a cat. It can be a hi-flow, but you have to have something. A test pipe wont work. However, if you are registered in another state then you're good.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts