Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a clutch and i was just gonna buy it from importshark, but i found LMPerformance that has it listed way cheaper, anyone have experience with this company? just want to make sure its not a scam before i hand them 500$

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey man few things you need to know for a new clutch... 1st is do you have a duel mass flywheel? If yes you need a new flywheel if no you can get it resurfaced.. I don’t know if you NEED to but I’m sure it would be advised... seccond is don’t buy a duel mass, apparently they are horrible, (I never had problems but there’s some pretty bad story’s... so new flywheel an extra 200$ or so, you can get single mass oem flywheels... as for that brand I’m not sure but I’m sure they’d work just fine... if you want my input on a good cheap clutch I’d say FX racing stage 2, I have two of them and they seem REALLY good and it drives the exact same as it did... I also have the lightweight flywheel which is amazing... people will say don’t do it for a daily driver because of gear chatter and harder to take off blah blah blah, learn how to drive and there’s no problem taking off... as for gear chatter? I honestly don’t know where people came up with that idea because I have a lightweight and there is almost no difference in driving and sure as hell so difference in noise... unless I’m just super lucky but I’m pretty sure tiburons don’t have straight cut gears so no gear noise... as for clutch.. if you have a duel mass flywheel get a unsprung disk.. if you have a single mass get a sprung disk... you may or may not know all of this already but I don’t want you doing something and end up paying for it...

Also I just looked up that clutch and you do know that’s a full Kevlar disk right? If you don’t know what that means I’d look into those... basically if you ride the clutch you might glaze it and your screwed... also they are made to slip in certain scenarios so I’d look into those..

I hope any of this helps, sorry I can’t give any info on if it’s any good or not, I’m sure someone will. Cheers¿

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
425 Posts
That site is legitimate. I found it mentioned a few times in some Reddit threads. Try googling "site:reddit.com lmperformance" and you'll see them mentioned on a few subreddits.

Nai150 mentioned in previous threads that they are going to switch to a single mass flywheel (likely a Fidanza or CM lightweight flywheel) and wanted a stronger clutch to match. I do agree with 2tibs that the kevlar is overkill and glazing is likely to occur for a street driven car. I looked into buying a similar clutch a couple years back but decided against it once I read about the glazing problems. The FX250 is something that you'll want Nai150. Anything more than that for most N/A cars is overkill anyway. Just make sure it's a sprung disc for ease of engagement and less wear on your drivetrain. The rigid discs will work but engagement may be grabbier and harder to use as a daily driver.

Reactions: Nai150

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man few things you need to know for a new clutch... 1st is do you have a duel mass flywheel? If yes you need a new flywheel if no you can get it resurfaced.. I don’t know if you NEED to but I’m sure it would be advised... seccond is don’t buy a duel mass, apparently they are horrible, (I never had problems but there’s some pretty bad story’s... so new flywheel an extra 200$ or so, you can get single mass oem flywheels... as for that brand I’m not sure but I’m sure they’d work just fine... if you want my input on a good cheap clutch I’d say FX racing stage 2, I have two of them and they seem REALLY good and it drives the exact same as it did... I also have the lightweight flywheel which is amazing... people will say don’t do it for a daily driver because of gear chatter and harder to take off blah blah blah, learn how to drive and there’s no problem taking off... as for gear chatter? I honestly don’t know where people came up with that idea because I have a lightweight and there is almost no difference in driving and sure as hell so difference in noise... unless I’m just super lucky but I’m pretty sure tiburons don’t have straight cut gears so no gear noise... as for clutch.. if you have a duel mass flywheel get a unsprung disk.. if you have a single mass get a sprung disk... you may or may not know all of this already but I don’t want you doing something and end up paying for it...

Also I just looked up that clutch and you do know that’s a full Kevlar disk right? If you don’t know what that means I’d look into those... basically if you ride the clutch you might glaze it and your screwed... also they are made to slip in certain scenarios so I’d look into those..

I hope any of this helps, sorry I can’t give any info on if it’s any good or not, I’m sure someone will. Cheers¿
thanks for the help, i got all that already but its always good to be reminded, i have the Valeo "stage 2" with the single mass already lol, i will look into the glazing thing though before i buy it, thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts