Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in an accident on passenger side and bought a used door to replace mine. But when i hit lock on my drivers door it dosnt lock passenger side. Also i have a viper alarm with window sensors and shock sensors. Had best buy install it so im not sure where to find it in door (assuming its in door) so i can put in new door. What can i do? And plan to put lock cylinder from old door into new door so my key still works...

Thanks for any help
Dale

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
I think you're talking about the door actuator. Its extremely easy to replace. It's basically a few screws and it comes out. Common problem on these cars. You'll have to remove the door panel. Took me 30mins to replace both of mine.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will that make the doors lock together like usual? just take the one out of my wrecked door?

·
Registered
14 Posts
will that make the doors lock together like usual? just take the one out of my wrecked door?

That's what hes saying, but before you completely replace the actuator unplug the faulty actuator turn on your car and then plug it back in, 1 out of 5 just seems to reset it self somehow fixing the problem. If that doesn't work theres plenty of DIY's on it, including one i wrote so just search my name if you cant find one.

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts