Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my neighbor who knows everything about cars claims its bad for your car to shift at right before the redline when your trying to get somewhere fast... I mean I can understand if you drove around in 2nd gear at 6000 all day maybe, but either way, I loled. (It's the same neighbor that claims that when a clutch goes bad you probably have more problems then... um a bad clutch :3_confuse )

I love people who have never turned a bolt in their life.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
So my neighbor who knows everything about cars claims its bad for your car to shift at right before the redline when your trying to get somewhere fast... I mean I can understand if you drove around in 2nd gear at 6000 all day maybe, but either way, I loled. (It's the same neighbor that claims that when a clutch goes bad you probably have more problems then... um a bad clutch :3_confuse )

I love people who have never turned a bolt in their life.
i say it's bad cause revs fall off much , so it's a load and you don't need to shift before redlinе to get fast....so in something i'd say he's right...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say in reality when I'm trying to accelerate fast I shift around 45/4800ish

I've never really taken time ti figure out the optimal shift points.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

i'd say the fastest would be about 5k on a stock i4, not practically, but theoretically, to stay around the max torque curve

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

i'd say the fastest would be about 5k on a stock i4, not practically, but theoretically, to stay on top around the max torque curve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts