Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since no one has started a thread I will.

Things to be decided

date- ?

Place- someones house, a park or one of the many beach parking lots.

BBQ- need a grille, food, and alcohol

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
If its a mod meet, its best to do it at someone's house if there are any major mods planned, namely headers. If by chance, something goes wrong, and the homeowner doesn't mind, the car can sit overnight at a house safely vs a beach or park.

Also, alcohol is not legally permitted in any of the long island parks or beaches. Its at least a $50 ticket (at least at Smith's Point it is) if caught with open containers, let alone if there are minors present. At someone's house, this is not an issue.

If the mods being done are simple and the alcohol is not required, then parks and beaches work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
ok then cook out at someones house / mods are done and then after cruise to a park or beach for a photo shoot just my thought

date - doesnt matter to me as long as its a weekend and during day

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
The last mod meet I went to started at like 2pm, earlier if you wanted to do headers. I don't think we left till like 10pm. I mean, nobody has to stay the entire time, but its nice to have a long meet when doing mods.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Yeah, if the mods are easy, then they can be done pretty much anywhere. If they are more intense, its nice to be at someones house because of the more tools needed to do the job. This way, you don't have to worry about your tools all day if you're at a park or something.

·
Registered
389 Posts
ok then cook out at someones house / mods are done and then after cruise to a park or beach for a photo shoot just my thought

date - doesnt matter to me as long as its a weekend and during day
Yeah that sounds like a pretty good plan.

I'll start the list of mods people need done.

I need help with - Ark V6 Headers
Ark N-II Exhaust (Maybe depending on when the meet is / when I get the exhaust)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think a mod meet would have to be done at someones house. Just seems to be a better/safer idea.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
are HIDs worth bringing to a mod meet ? or is that like a waste of time ...im doing fogs and lows
Well, it depends. If you're not comfortable doing them yourself and someone is coming who is experienced with installing them, yes, its worth it. Any mod really is worth it at a mod meet.

Hell, even if you need to change spark plugs... lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
ah not bad i have 8k but my head light assemblies suck right now as u can see from the pics in the main thread :( its like my car is winking i need new head light assemblies badly unless someone wants to help me see about cleaning the clouded one up, i tried cleaning the outside and its not better, i think i need to use an oven and clean the inside of it :(

1 - 20 of 42 Posts