Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm interested in a hidden radar detector unit. I know some exist, but I was wondering about their reliability, price, and where to install them. Anybody have any experience with them? Any information would be great.

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
K40 is the best out there. They have a unit that hides away and you put the sensors behind your bumper or grilles. They just came out with a completely wireless one, its Bluetooth. However, I believe it is around $700.

You get what you pay for though.

www.k40.com

It is called the calibre. They also have other wired modules that hide away.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a good site or forum I can go to read reviews? Both look good to me so I wouldn't know how to gauge which is best.

·
Registered
867 Posts
oh well actually if that didn't get blanked out it is a real site.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rbgCODE said:
oh well actually if that didn't get blanked out it is a real site.
You can't say "****" on the radio.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Beware rooster's sig, which is too big.

Why do you want a hidden detector?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Paul J McCain said:

Actually Mr. McCain his sig is smaller then yours is..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Paul J McCain said:

Because they're illegal in VA. Be careful if you get one, the penalties are pretty stiff if you get caught. Also, if your mechanic spots it while performing a state inspection, you'll get a rejection sticker. good luck though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
satanhanx said:
Because they're illegal in VA. Be careful if you get one, the penalties are pretty stiff if you get caught. Also, if your mechanic spots it while performing a state inspection, you'll get a rejection sticker. good luck though.
Oh damn. Haha.. how "stiff"? A cop stopped me a few months back and I had my cheap window stick detector on my window and the cop saw it plain as day and he was nice enough to not even mention that I had it. With most cops I'm sure I wouldn't be so lucky.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul J McCain said:

LOL! You dolt, my sig is smaller than yours.

·
Registered
417 Posts
paul j drank too much haterade at band practice, but if ur looking for the best, the easiest to hide and the most outragously expensive detector out there, then k40 is for u. U can get a radar jammer option as well.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
LOL! You dolt, my sig is smaller than yours.
Actually Mr. McCain his sig is smaller then yours is..
I was kidding guys... lol.

But since I'm bored, and don't want to study for finals, how about we look at the site rules.....

Site Rules said:
Signature Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your signature (600 pixels wide x 110 pixels high)
Who's the "dolt" now? :3_hypocri lol

That's interesting. I really hope I never end up in VA.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mine is too big?

How about we look at the site rules.....

Who's the "dolt" now? :3_hypocri

Well that would make you the dolt man. Your sig isn't just the picture, but also the text, it is anything under the sig line, which makes your sig wider and taller then his.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Well that would make you the dolt man. Your sig isn't just the picture, but also the text, it is anything under the sig line, which makes your sig wider and taller then his.
Well- no. No it doesn;t. Here is the entirety of the sections:

19) Signature and Avatar Content: Please keep all content in your signature or avatar PG-13. We have a lot of members that access this site from public locations (work, libraries, etc) and don’t want any distastefully or questionable content posted in signatures or avatars. Signatures and avatars are not to be used to portray any other member of this site is a negative way without exception.

Signature Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your signature (600 pixels wide x 110 pixels high)

Avatar Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your avatar (137 pixels wide x 87 pixels high)

As always the staff of NewTiburon.com reserves the right to decide what is considered distasteful or questionable and all decisions made by a staff member are final. Any signature or avatars not meeting the guidelines stated above will be deleted.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well- no. No it doesn;t. Here is the entirety of the sections:

19) Signature and Avatar Content: Please keep all content in your signature or avatar PG-13. We have a lot of members that access this site from public locations (work, libraries, etc) and don’t want any distastefully or questionable content posted in signatures or avatars. Signatures and avatars are not to be used to portray any other member of this site is a negative way without exception.

Avatar Sizing: Do not exceed these size limits when creating your avatar (137 pixels wide x 87 pixels high)

As always the staff of NewTiburon.com reserves the right to decide what is considered distasteful or questionable and all decisions made by a staff member are final. Any signature or avatars not meeting the guidelines stated above will be deleted.
Yours is 600x144

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
OK... we're even.

w/e!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts