Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 tiburon SE 6 speed and have been trying to find a weighted carbon fiber shift knob. I'm trying to avoid the universal knobs with the stupid plastic inserts. Any recommendations would be nice.

·
Administrator
9,014 Posts
There is a guy in NJ-USA that makes shift knobs.....I will look at my stuff to find his email, I believe he is in Parsippany, NJ......I now peeps that have used him, usually plastic or wood.....I vouce for him.....

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Pretty tough for the 6-speed. Even those designed for "a" 6-speed don't accommodate our lockout collar. The best one back in the day was from a Nissan Maxima and was a nice weighted leather one, but they're pretty much impossible to find now. Some short-throw shifters will come with one but it's usually metal, not CF.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I learned that those universal shift knobs are terrible. (those with rubber adapters that you have to tighten) they come loose and are bad. But i found a solution.
Take the old OEM shift knob and take it apart. Then grab the white part *the threaded part and saw saw it off just enough that it fits in the universal shift know. Then press it in with a lot of force.
Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Synthetic rubber Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
29 Posts
*to start dissasembly you need to put a screwdriver inside it there's a screw. Then the gear indicator plate will come off. next take of the leather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts