Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Looking for a local dyno tuning shop

440 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  98tib 
#1 ·
So i asked this question a while back and got the name of a place called speedworld in baldwin. i called them and everything sounded great, the guy said it would be about 100 bucks including tuning and it should only take an hour cause he was familiar with the mafterburner. well it came time to take him up on his offer after i installed my cams and now ofcourse the story has changed. its now 150 bucks for the dyno and 250 additional for them to hook up and do the tuning and they need to see the program for the mafterburner cause they never heard of it :3_frown: . i am in no way going to spend 400 on a dyno with tune.

so does anyone have any clue to a cheaper dyno place local to long island?

i know there is a ne dyno day being planned but thats not til april and i do not want to be driving around for 4 months running cams untuned, its running rich as hell and gas is expensive enough, lol

#2 ·
98tib said:
So i asked this question a while back and got the name of a place called speedworld in baldwin. i called them and everything sounded great, the guy said it would be about 100 bucks including tuning and it should only take an hour cause he was familiar with the mafterburner. well it came time to take him up on his offer after i installed my cams and now ofcourse the story has changed. its now 150 bucks for the dyno and 250 additional for them to hook up and do the tuning and they need to see the program for the mafterburner cause they never heard of it :3_frown: . i am in no way going to spend 400 on a dyno with tune.

so does anyone have any clue to a cheaper dyno place local to long island?

i know there is a ne dyno day being planned but thats not til april and i do not want to be driving around for 4 months running cams untuned, its running rich as hell and gas is expensive enough, lol

yo man that speedworld place in baldwin is a little rice shop.......their dyno must be new.....and probly garbage....along with whoevers doing the tuning....

i would look into mustang magic in deer park somewhere...theyre supposedly decent from what ive heard

#4 ·
98tib said:
yeah i know, i stopped in there just to see how it was and they have a guy that works in the building next door that comes over to do the tuning.

i was going to try mustang magic i heard they have a brain over there, but not sure if they did imports or not

what are u using to tune ur car........if u have a mafterburner im sure they are familiar with it cuz mafterburners are used in many stangs i believe

#7 ·
hard time trusting people who blow up motors for a living. thanx tho i actually do appreciate the help.

i called mustang magic and they said they do not do imports, but i told him i have the mafterburner and then he said ok they can do it. but its 175 for 2 pulls and 25 for each thereafter plus $75.00 an hour for tuning. so i figure 1 hour to tune and 3 pulls should get me what i need?? the mafter was already tuned for na them i added cams so it shouldn't be that hard or take that long to readjust right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.