Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, thanks for your time in reading my post. I just recently bought my second 03 Tiburon GT V6. I've owned one before that was nothing but problem after problem but thankfully this recent one is more trustworthy.
Onto my question, I'd like to put more power behind the wheel and cant seem to find any modern day Turbos. I was really excited to check out the NGM Stealth kit but it was discontinued. Is my only hope for a forced induction to be custom made at home or are there other manufacturers that can provide a boost in power? I also looked on wheel well with no success.
Second, what is the proper way to start building up the power without blowing the engine ex. Stage 2/3 clutch, then forced induction?
Again, thanks for reading and cant wait to hear from you Shark Lovers.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have to go custom its the best route tbh or I mean atp sells a up pipe that bolts up to the stock manifolds and they even sells a down pipe but you will still have to peice a lot of it together

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to go custom its the best route tbh or I mean atp sells a up pipe that bolts up to the stock manifolds and they even sells a down pipe but you will still have to peice a lot of it together
Hey thanks for your reply. Yea I was dreading thinking that be the route I'd have to take considering I know jack about the engine and modifying it. I'm honestly thinking bout going to a perfomance shop and seeing if they'd quote me on a setup/labor.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey thanks for your reply. Yea I was dreading thinking that be the route I'd have to take considering I know jack about the engine and modifying it. I'm honestly thinking bout going to a perfomance shop and seeing if they'd quote me on a setup/labor.
Either they won't want to touch it or they will charge tiy a good bit but its the only way , me im doing mine by myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either they won't want to touch it or they will charge tiy a good bit but its the only way , me im doing mine by myself
You're right about performance shop not wanting to touch it unfortunately. So I'd have to mix and match parts correct? Are pilings usually the same diameter or hows the process go? Do you recommend any performance brands? Or if you're willing to share your set up so I could have an idea?

·
Administrator
8,873 Posts
Hello everybody, thanks for your time in reading my post. I just recently bought my second 03 Tiburon GT V6. I've owned one before that was nothing but problem after problem but thankfully this recent one is more trustworthy.
Onto my question, I'd like to put more power behind the wheel and cant seem to find any modern day Turbos. I was really excited to check out the NGM Stealth kit but it was discontinued. Is my only hope for a forced induction to be custom made at home or are there other manufacturers that can provide a boost in power? I also looked on wheel well with no success.
Second, what is the proper way to start building up the power without blowing the engine ex. Stage 2/3 clutch, then forced induction?
Again, thanks for reading and cant wait to hear from you Shark Lovers.
When the V6 Tiburon was sorta new (up to about 2008 in the US), there were basically NO turbo kits, supercharger (SC) were it.....
So.....12 years later, not much new support back then, essentially no support now. Even SC kits are used.....you can look up performance NA V6 on this forum.....read.....then look up FI V6 on this forum....either type of FI/forced induction....you're basically SOL on new parts in a full kit.....thin a decade ago, nonexistent today....
I'm not saying to not pursue, just saying hard a decade ago, much harder today....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here's a link to the atp turbo up pipe and down pipe I was talking about they bolt to the stock exhaust manifolds, I recommend getting the stock manifolds but anyway, you can use this as part of it of what you need the rest you will have to peice together like , clutch, fuel injectors , fuel pump , universal intercooler, a boost and afr gauge, fuel pressure reglator, a ecu to tune it and other things of course

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
TiburonGT03 you can try searching thru this (former) members posts. he had a home made turbo setup. i did see it in person. he didnt have any way of getting an air filter on the turbo. he hasnt been around on the site in 4 years but may respond if you PM him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts