Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions on a decent, reasonably priced code readers? so far i have tried an Ancel and a Launch reader, both "new 2022 versions" which needed to be registered and updated before using. the Ancel sent me to a non-functioning web page and the Launch site "cant find TF card" which is already in place to download the update to. got rid of both. looking for one that will actually download updates and work. thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,225 Posts
BAFX Bluetooth scanner works with your phone. About $20 on all the market places.

Reactions: oni888

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BAFX Bluetooth scanner works with your phone. About $20 on all the market places.
thanks, but i dont have or use cell phones.........yet.

·
Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,225 Posts
That's highly irregular for someone living in the US in 2022... Do you have an Android tablet? Maybe a laptop? If not I cannot make any recommendations for you because I only use bluetooth or USB scanners.

·
Administrator
9,207 Posts
I use a couple Autel scanners. I am not home so don't remember the model. I have mentioned it before here.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's highly irregular for someone living in the US in 2022... Do you have an Android tablet? Maybe a laptop? If not I cannot make any recommendations for you because I only use bluetooth or USB scanners.
dont have any tablets or laptop anymore. wife is an idiot and gets pissed off, broke every damn one and im not about to buy anymore. personally i wouldnt even have a house phone if i could get away with it.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I've been happy with my Foxwell NT630 plus. I have bluetooth ones too but this one also does ABS and airbags. Updates all the time without issue, just had to replace the SD card with a bigger one to fit everything.

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon 2.0L 5-Speed
42 Posts
If you're just looking for a basic scanner this one is pretty good: OBD2 Scanner OBD Code Reader Car Check Engine Automotive Fault Diagnostic Tool | eBay

That's just the first listing on ebay I saw, model is YA-101 and you can get it from hundred of different sellers.

Powered fron the OBD port so no batteries, can be updated but I've never done it. I bought several on sale and keep one in all my cars. It's very basic and slow, but can do graph view. I mainly use them to scan codes and keep track of coolant temps on flushes/refills.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
turned out the problem with updating the Launch reader was the interface between the gadget, the pc and me. im old and getting stupider by the minute. the TF card was supposed to be put in the PC to get the update downloaded, then put back into the gadget and continue from there. shoulda looked first but hey, too late now. the Ebay site Winston provided has a ton of readers on it and i am looking at a Foxwell as well as that Launch i had as it seemed pretty straightforward and simple to use (been nice if manual would have said to put the card in the pc and not leave it in the gadget, but no.... will have to wait for a spell. cat knocked over PC, fell on floor and broke inside, replacing that first. thanks for all the suggestions, appreciated!

Reactions: Charlie-III
1 - 11 of 11 Posts