Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks.....

I'm looking for a high OEM spoiler for my Hydrogen Blue Tib. I really don't wanna buy one and get it painted and put on at the dealer. The cost is freakin' huge. If you know of someone who is selling one, let me know please.

Someone also bumped my brand new Tib in the parking lot. I have a small scrape on my front passenger side bumper. If someone can direct me to a respectable bodyshop I would appreciate that as well. I don't wanna pay dealer prices.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm still enjoying my big win ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a brand new, unpainted, ultra-rare Tomato spoiler if you're interested.

Check here
I've looked long and hard at your spoiler......I've seen that thread before. I was considering yours...but really think that I would like a high OEM one.

Thanks though...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just spoke to a Hyundai Body shop. Basically to order, paint and install a high OEM spoiler will cost me $800CDN. Anyone know where I can get an OEM one that isn't painted (or is painted Hydrogen Blue)? Dealer cost is $400CDN + paint + installation.

HELP!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well if Hydrogen Blue is the same as Tidal Wave here in the states I can trade you mine. My car just got totaled but I can pretty much take any parts I want off of the car as long as I put something in its place so I can trade you spoilers my high for your low plus some cash if you want. I would need to get yours first so I could swap them.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if Hydrogen Blue is the same as Tidal Wave here in the states I can trade you mine. My car just got totaled but I can pretty much take any parts I want off of the car as long as I put something in its place so I can trade you spoilers my high for your low plus some cash if you want. I would need to get yours first so I could swap them.
Ack!! I don't have a spoiler on mine at all...... I'm spoiler less....so I don't even have something to trade! :(

Your car was totalled? That sucks...... where are you in the states?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I know that some people on here have said to stay away, but you can always try the ebay high spoilers for the tib. They paint it for you to match your OEM color and everything for a cheap price. Some people have said they have gotten great results, some have said they have gotten bad.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah yes.... I was thinking about getting one from ebay already painted...OR getting one from ebay without paint. The problem is duty fees for it to come across the boarder to Canada. crap!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update....I ordered one from these guys on ebay. Good thing I called them as I was worried about duties and over boarder stuff...

Anyway.....after calling them I found out that they are located in OTTAWA and distribute spoilers to many dealerships.

My dealership wanted $800 for a new spoiler.

I'm getting mine painted for $250CDN.......and then let the dealer install......

http://stores.ebay.ca/One-Stop-Spoiler-And-Dash-Kit-Shop

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where were ya 3 months ago.....I already ordered one...

·
Registered
12 Posts
In regards to the damage to the bumper I would recommend MacIver Dodge and Jeep up in Newmarket, they have a body shop at the back. They are really good before I had my Tib I had a little red four door sedan, and I got hit from behind. Not to bad just some paint transfer. I spent two days checking into places, and checked the better business bearu too. I ended up taking it too MacIver Dodge and Jeep, and they did such a good job you would have never known it was hit. I mean it was a bright red car too, and they matched the paint perfectly. Plus they have had no complaints in the past 3 years when I checked now this was almost a year ago. The shop managers name and I believe he is still there is Jason. Anyway that is my recommendation.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Update....I ordered one from these guys on ebay. Good thing I called them as I was worried about duties and over boarder stuff...

Anyway.....after calling them I found out that they are located in OTTAWA and distribute spoilers to many dealerships.

My dealership wanted $800 for a new spoiler.

I'm getting mine painted for $250CDN.......and then let the dealer install......

http://stores.ebay.ca/One-Stop-Spoiler-And-Dash-Kit-Shop
$800 for a spoiler? Holy Crap. When I bought my car in '04, I paid $600 at the dealer, and I thought that was a lot! But I wanted it, so I got it. $800, is just greedy!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It just arrived to day. I'm at work and haven't opened the box. Too bad it's snowing...I'd probably go right to the dealer and have them put in on today...

I try to avoid snow and my tibby. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Things aren't so good. The spoiler came and it is absolutely perfect. Paint was matched perfectly......everything spectacular. I took it to a Hyundai dealership to have it installed......and I think they messed up the installation. One small area where the spoiler is to attaches to the trunk is not completely flushed. I'm headed back to the dealer this week to complain about the job that was done. The dealership is gonna complain that the spoiler was an "aftermarket" one. I've contacted the person who sold me the spoiler and he claims he delivers and installs the Tibby spoiler......a ton of them.....and that it is his most popular spoiler.

I'm gonna go raise stink and show them their mistake. Perhaps a new trunk.........we'll see.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That doesn't help me now. My Spoiler is installed....and the dealership F*cked it up. I dunno what I'm gonna do...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok...it's installed......all is good...... ;)

Straight and amazing!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All stock....but traded the Hydrogen Blue i4 automatic for the V6 Tuscani.......6 Speed baby! All stock except for the shorty antenna..

Not to worry....the blue license plate covers came off.... !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts