Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd give it a shot. My wife and I will be moving to the Fort Collins/Wellington area in a few weeks. I will be stationed at FE Warren AFB for the next 4 years so we're looking for a nice rental around the $600-700/month for 1-3 bdrms. Whether it is a house, apartment, townhome, it really isn't too important. We would like 800+ sq ft.

I've been looking at apartments in Fort Collins and houses for rent in Wellington but I'd like to see if someone from that area can give me a better idea of the "best" places to live. I'd rather not have to move in the 4 years that we live there.

Yes, I've checked rent,com, apartments.com, craigslist.org, etc but that still doesn't give me the renters point of view. Also checked out apartmentreviews.net and apartmentratings.com but those are only so helpful. You've got to wonder whether the good reviews are just from the apartment complexes themselves and the bad ones are just crappy tenants wanting to complain.

Thanks for any insight and help you can provide.

My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Have you heard of the area Centera? Its in Loveland which is which 10 miles south from Fo Co. They have some nice places for the price and are that you are looking for. I recomend seeing if you can look them up. If not I'll try to see what i can come up with.

Chris,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the idea. I've got a person who wants me to rent their home in Loveland but as of right now I'd prefer to stay in Ft Collins or Wellington. It's already bad that I'll have to drive 45 minutes to work, let alone another 15. I'm finding a few places on Craigslist but we'll see what happens when we move in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
honelstly I would much rather prefer driving another 15 min. Mainly cause, what your 23, and your out of the whole college seen. Loveland is a much calmer and quieter town then FoCo. The only thing that FoCo is good for is to go bar hopping or cruise College (there main road). I lived in loveland now and my parents still live there and i would like to move back there (to loveland that is) and find a place. But i found an alright place in Windsor, and the rent is way cheep. If you look at the places at Centera, Centera is on I-25 so there is alot less drivingif you want to cut your commute

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We found a place on the east of Ft Collins, right off I-25. I could hop right onto I-25. The main reason I want to live in Ft Collins is so my wife doesn't have a commute. We're up in the air on two now though. One is a 2 bedroom 840 sq ft place and the other is a 1 bedroom 1022 sq ft with a loft. The 2 bedroom is 50 bucks cheaper and they pay for everything but electricity. The loft is newer though and I can afford to spend a little more.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey man,

We just moved into town this past Saturday night. We're getting things situated. And yes, we're right off Harmony, right down lady moon and rock creek if you know where that is. Nice place, we're really loving Ft Collins... well except for it being 20 degrees right now.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Cool man, if ya wanna hang out this weekend or something, call me ill send you a pm with my number.

I could show ya around or, we and the misses can go to dinner or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts