Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several good years my '06 GT 5 speed has kicked the bucket. Several thousand miles ago I had a valeo single mass flywheel+clutch installed after the OEM finally wore out (120k miles!). I made the terrible mistake of ignoring the slightly rougher sounding start as a harmless difference between flywheels, and discovered after it failed to start that the starter motor had been just barely meeting the flywheel teeth leading to heavy wear where it reached. I tried replacing the starter and hoping for the best, but the new flywheel can't engage with the damaged flywheel at all. I'm guessing the starter is catching up on the ripped up flywheel teeth. I can confirm that the replacement starter+solenoid worked as intended, I pulled the wire to it up so I could watch it engage while resting on top of my engine as I turned the key (it kicks out and spins).

At this point I need to sell it as-is, but have no idea what to sell it for on craigslist/fb market, or if I should just call up junkyards. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your gunna get 200$ at a junk yard if you want it gone post it for parts for 200$ make someone’s day... if you would like to make a bit more go for $500 for parts... don’t junk it someone out there needs parts and would love a parts car.. if you lived near me I’d buy it for 500$... I bought one for 500$ not running, I drive it as my daylie now

·
Registered
173 Posts
EDIT: Fall/Winter is a tough time to sell a coupe anyways.

100% agree with 2tibs.
These cars are old but still special to many and will remain so as Hyundai grows in popularity. I just sold my 03 for a respectable $4k so there is a market out there. During my time with the car I can honestly say a lot of my internet time was spent scooping up parts for it from people like you.
So yes.... part it out!
  • Door panels with red stitching?
  • Any silver trim interior pieces?
  • Facelift Front bumper for 03/04?
  • Headlights even if they are foggy on the outside.
  • Any simple bolt on aftermarket parts? CAI for example.
  • interior/exterior door handles (they break easy u know)
  • Working MAF 😂
  • Sunroof components?
  • Tires and wheels?
  • Calipers? The rears like to seize up.
  • Axles for a V6
  • Rear seats that no one sits in. 😆
  • Speakers? Tweeters always be snapping off!
Gosh ... pretty much anything that may be problematic on these cars that still works on yours.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: sold to a junkyard, I would've loved to hold on to it or even parts from it for any of you guys but I don't have the space. Got $300 cash, can't complain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts