Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have been eyeing a 2003 Huyndai Coupe(the same as a tiburon) The car i want to go look at is a 1,6 l fx which has done 190k km(about 120k miles).
Is there any problems i should pay particular attention to? Oil and filter was done this summer, and the timing belt was done at 150k km(93k miles).
All answers greatly appreciated. will post some pictures if i end up buying it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i have been eyeing a 2003 Huyndai Coupe(the same as a tiburon) The car i want to go look at is a 1,6 l fx which has done 190k km(about 120k miles).
Is there any problems i should pay particular attention to? Oil and filter was done this summer, and the timing belt was done at 150k km(93k miles).
All answers greatly appreciated. will post some pictures if i end up buying it!
I've been trying to sell my 03 for 2 weeks now. Manual transmission. 2300 takes it! 95000 miles.

·
Administrator
8,901 Posts
I've been trying to sell my 03 for 2 weeks now. Manual transmission. 2300 takes it! 95000 miles.
I don't think they want to pay the shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the one i am looking at costs around 700$, and is on the right side of the globe:) but thanks for the offer.
Any tips on what to check for?
Cheers, Eivind

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon GT / Auto trans
110 Posts
Just make sure that if you do buy it, stick with oem sensors and use a factory oil filter anything else you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Use OEM oil filters when changing oil. Make sure the clutch is in good shape if it's a manual transmission and replace the timing belt asap if it needs it (Hyundai recommends every 60,000mi or 5yrs whatever comes first).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Make sure the fucking window works and the door latch on the inside works lmao had that problem with both of my cars lol.. doesn’t cost much to fix though... get underneath check for any holes of bad rust Check flex pipe for any breaking take for a drive if you can listen for any weird noises hit a pot hole or two lol and check how low the car sits, if it sits low you’ll need new struts, check check engine lights read codes see how it runs just the normal stuff... 700$ there is going to be problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts