Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was enlightened:

On the way home I stopped at an intersection and went to change the song, then the light turned green. As I started to go, still choosing the song and shifting when I needed, I notice that the driver in the car next to me seems to be in a real adrenaline rush or something as he passes me.

Then he cuts me off and sticks his hand out the window, begins to give me a thumbs up then gives me the all-American classic thumbs down, followed by the middle finger, and speeds off.

Apparently I was racing him...

Anyone with similar experiences?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops. Maybe needs to be moved to General Discussion? My bad...

·
Registered
230 Posts
buaha i had this blue kia do that to me a month back. i was just driving normally and she just blew my doors off from a green light, come to find out she is my friend's neighbor and i was heading over to his house at that same time. the lady drove like a damn bat outta hell

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe you cut him off and didn't know it? or swerved in his lane while changing the song..hahaha.
Yeah usually I that's what I would have assumed but that wasn't the case, you could tell with his 15" chrome wheel covers and loud exhaust.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no idea what year it was, probly late 90s? Can't say I know my Honda Accord years.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My buddy drove a 98 accord sedan and my 02 cavalier (not Z24) was a damn even match so i would think that getting "smoked" by a accord is pretty unlikely.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
vtak makes me happy in my pants

that is flipping win. :)

Anyways, similar thing, driving home in a g35.. and 4 kids in a 2000ish civic pulled up beside me and matched my speed, the car was a mess and the bass they had was killing the trunk lol. Anyways all their hats were backwards and they all had white sunglasses (it was raining lightly) and he ripped off with his fart cannon full blast. When we pulled up to a light they were all laughing looking at me cuz I didn't race them... if only i had a razor scooter to make it fair :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Crocs are built with the same technology as vtec. He probably would've had a chance. I guess we'll never know.

I still don't see how its possible to lose to a heavy 4 door accord.
Possible just unlikely. But never ever ever underestimate the power of VTECH!

·
Registered
626 Posts
actually just happend to me, some guy in a civic just decided to do a ricer fly by, minus the thunb and the finger though..

and the other night, a guy in his GTI V-DUB sticks his head out the window asking if i wanted to race...

my car is not fast and will never be fast. but looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts