Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man i had no idea u cud actully get a ticket for this **** in florida!! being from the uk i never got pulled over for this so i kinda expected the same thing over here...

newyaz i was wondering if a loud music ticket adds points to you licesnse also and how many???

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
You should go through the hood blasting some Dave Matthews Band or Coldplay..... see what happens lol. I don't think tickets like that get points because it is not a moving violation. I would call the DMV to make sure.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you ever seen the Chris Rock video of "How not to get your *** kicked by the police!"? Well one of his exceptions were, to "TURN THAT LOUD **** OFF". It's just plain annoying to hear unless the system sounds good and the trunk doesn't sound like it's about to fall off because of the obscene vibrations.

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
No it does not add points, the only thing that adds points is a moving violation. Like speeding, running a red light, blowing a stop sign etc........ Loud music ticket is like a fix it ticket or a parking ticket no points added.

·
Registered
475 Posts
man i had no idea u cud actully get a ticket for this **** in florida!! being from the uk i never got pulled over for this so i kinda expected the same thing over here...

newyaz i was wondering if a loud music ticket adds points to you licesnse also and how many???
I don't know about Florida bu up here in Mass. you can play it as loud as you wan't, try apealing it and explain you're fom the UK they might let it go if you paid already then no it won;t add points to your insurance unless it's a moving violation, like car acc. or speeding, for instance a parking ticket won't go towards your insurance because it's not a moving violation get me!

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
Not true I got a loud music ticket in Szot park 2 years ago, but it was called a disturbing the peace ticket. I think it depends on the cop and if they get alot of complaints. Also where you are playing your music will male a difference

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
install urself a toggle switch and run it to the amp......ive done this...and when I see cops, I flip the switch and off go the subs

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Wouldn't it just be easier to flip your system off?

A cop pulled next to me one time and went *chirp chirp* then yelled through his window... "turn it down!"

Lazy cops...

·
AKA TidalWaveTiburon
768 Posts
My Disturbing the Piece ticket was for $200.00.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sad thing is it wasnt even loud....the bass was turned off and the volume was on 13....fcuk it tho!! the ticket was onli $25...i make that in 1 hour @ work..lol..

ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE...

my freind got a speeding ticket and has been required to go to court in 2weeks time. He was wondering what the consequences and his options are. if he pleads guilty what will happen(second time ever getting a ticket)? does he just pay the fine and take the points on his lisence??? can he plead no contest and then get a probation before judgement.??i think he said he was going 30mph over lmit!! not gulity is not an option for him cuase he lazy...lol..and 2 cheap to fight it...lol

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
You get "points" for every moving violation you have in most states. They add up and you reach a certain level of probation, etc for your license. They're what the insurance looks at in regards to your premium too.

VoKaL, you should search for a guide... I think it's on here actually... about how to not get tickets... it's like a 40-page PDF. Pleading guilty will get you nowhere. His best bet will be to go in, see if the cop is there, (if he's not, he can say no contest) and if there is a cop, plead not guilty.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
hmm interesting, no points in illinois, most of the time they just staple ur liscense to ur ticket. then theres holes in it so next time ur pretty well ****ed

·
Registered
360 Posts
im in IL also, and yeah, a cop broke the corner off my license stapling it to my ticket then told me i needed to buy a new one since this one wasnt valid. That was 3 years ago and I still have the broken license.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts