Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way for me to add some low rpm torque to me 03 GT V6? I have CAI but that all. im just looking for that little boost before 4thousand rpms. any advice is apreciated!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
whoutellin10 said:
What would be the best way for me to add some low rpm torque to me 03 GT V6? I have CAI but that all. im just looking for that little boost before 4thousand rpms. any advice is apreciated!!!
supercharger

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything else? i know that is the best probly but i dont have the money for that right now!

·
Registered
725 Posts
whoutellin10 said:
anything else? i know that is the best probly but i dont have the money for that right now!
exhaust... headers you will loose some torque but gaint power.
NOS

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is a torque converter? ive heard some people talking about those, saying that it would do a lot. ive never seen any tho. i heard those are good for low end torque..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
well there isnt really parts u can bolt on for torque except for a SC. But u can free up some low end. Light weight rims, change the break disc to some drilled slotted disc that weigh less, the small UD pulleys, lightweight flywheel. Basically lower you rotational mass. The less weight u have to get moving, less time it takes to get it moving.... and everyone complained in highschool psyhics class we would never use that useless knowledge again

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Fastest cheapest low end torq mod is a nitrous kit......other wise What malogus said,and 05tib

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A torque converter is the mechanical equivalent of a clutch for an automatic transmission - it's the thing that keeps your car from stalling when you're stopped at a light, among other things. If your GT has a stick, you don't have / don't need a torque converter. If you have an automatic tranny, you can swap out the stock torque converter for one is optimized for your Tib's RPM range. I don't know if the stock automatic Tiburon has a locking torque converter - if not, replacing the stock one with a locking TC will ensure that 100% of the engine power makes it to the wheels once the converter is locked.

The clutch analogy is a good one - with a stick, you get to decide (with your left foot) how much of the power from the engine gets to the wheels. A torque converter makes that decision for you, so replacing the stock one may help you get more low-end torque to the pavement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts