Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm driving at low rpm it has slight hesitation/sputters when accelerating, like it wants to stall. At higher rpm and when I'm in park it doesnt have the issue...help!

2008 hyundai Tiburon
4cyl 2.0
automatic trans

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,454 Posts
Any recent work done to the vehicle before this started happening? Replaced any sensors lately? If so what brand name and sensors were replaced? Can you record a video to share on YT of the issue?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any recent work done to the vehicle before this started happening? Replaced any sensors lately? If so what brand name and sensors were replaced? Can you record a video to share on YT of the issue?
Took it to a dealer recently, for a brake lamp switch. One of the spark plugs was loose and there was oil in the 1st plug. I retightened everything, but then this problem started.

· Premium Member
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
1,454 Posts
If you have oil in the spark plug tube it could be fouling the sparkplug wire and insulating it from the spark plug. That is a problem with a leaky valvecover seal typically. Replace your valvecover gasket and spark plug tube seals and clean the hell out of your spark plug wires and spark plugs. Might be a good time to replace both. Make sure to use only NGK or Denso brand Copper, Platinum or Iridium plugs. Even a reputable brand like Bosch will give our ECU a hard time and lose power. Stay away from Autolite and Champion! Iridium is the OEM material from the factory, but Platinum is a good 2nd choice for less money than the Iridium. If you are looking for a cheap replacement that won't last as long as the other two materials, Copper will also be OK.

· Administrator
9,645 Posts
Apologies, I cleaned up some of your posts, not changed intent, but "more betterer".

So, no load it's fine, high load/RPM it's worse.
Best guess from here, plugs and wires. Sorta cheap if you buy and do, report back.

· Administrator
9,645 Posts
Awaiting a followup, what was checked, how are things?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts