Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I was at my dealership a couple days ago and they told me my lower ball joint was pooched. I've got some noise comming from that particular part of my suspension but i assumed it was my sway bar link (that's what i was last time) so i removed the link and the noise is still there. So i Jacked up the car and pulled and pushed on it a little and it didnt make any noise nor did it seem to be pooched. There is a small knocking sound when that side of the car goes over bumps....kinda like a noise i would assume a lower ball joint would make.....but it seemed to be fine when i was pushing and pulling on it so im confused. the dealership said our cars are known for blowing lower ball joints etc.
My question is, what is the best way to check if my lower ball joint is pooched. sadly i dont trust my dealership as far as i can throw them and im a little guy so that's roughly .7 inches.
Thanx,
Jonny

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE:
As i suspected....it wasnt the lower ball joint. the old one was mint and the install was a *****!!
reguardless im now on my quest to figgure out what the heck is going on with my freaking suspension. here are my symptom's:
at slow speed's, say roughly 1,000rpm driving over small bumps in my parking garage my suspension makes a bad knocking noise almost like the top mounting bolts are loose and the whole strut assembly is comming up and banging the frame....but they're all tight....
the front left suspension also makes a bad squeal comming from the strutish area when i turn the wheel....but not all the time....it seems to be worse when the car has sit for a while.
the nut on the strut is tight.... brand new lower ball joint....I have removed the swaybar link on that side so its not the swaybar link (that's actually what it was last time i had a noise there and it sounded 100 percent the same so this time i assumed it was the same thing but it wasnt)
bushing's on the lower arm look good. sadly i was too retarted to check the 2 strut mout bolts last time i was in there but im sure they're totally tight. only 3 things i can think of are wheel bearing, cv joint, or the bearing in the upper mount is pooched.
By the way i have quest coilovers....but im pretty sure they're still good. they'res no excess oil around them and they'res no extra bounce from the front lately.
anyone have any imput???
Any and all help would be appreciated?
started as a click and a squeek and now its a bang and a bad squeek.
HELP???

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd also like to add that the suspension makes NO noise when its off the ground. i can shake it, bang it and turn the wheels and it makes no noise. the driveshafts seem the same on both sides and the boots are in good as new condition.
HELP!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts