Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to move my iat to the lower intake so it would actually read true Air temps after the supercharger. I drilled and tapped this one as a test before trying it on my powder coated intake it worked great but now I have this one laying around with no use for it. Make an offer

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one? Not trying to get rich here just trying to help someone out. This is kind of a awesome upgrade for any turbo and super application.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is the best upgrade for superchargers not so much for turbos because the intercooler is before the intake in most cases ,but for superchargers it help a lot because the intercooler is part of the intake manifold and having the iat sensor before the intercooler is one of the main reasons I believe a lot of supercharger set ups blew up because the tune would be off because ot would be reading the cool air before the blower not the Warner air after throwing off the tune

·
Registered
406 Posts
does this use the stock IAT sensor? how tight does the sensor get like will it seal so no worries of a vacuum leak? PM a price I am interested

·
Registered
208 Posts
does this use the stock IAT sensor? how tight does the sensor get like will it seal so no worries of a vacuum leak? PM a price I am interested
Yes it uses stock iat sensor and if you hand a standalone ecu you can use any air sensor and it seals the same way it does in the regular spot on the intake manifold

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It definitely will help a super out a lot more than a turbo on these cars. If your looking at this and don’t know why it helps,the iat is located before the sc so it’s reading cool air but what the engine is receiving is hot air because of being compressed by the sc. even after the intercooler it won’t be “cool” air. This relocates it to after the sc and intercooler so it’s reading true temps. I used the stock sensor and did not have to extend wires just took the two out of the wire look by the firewall. No it doesn’t leak, that would kinda be worse than not doing the relocate. I bought a new sensor as they are cheap it came with some thread sealant already on it but if you reuse your old one and you were worried about it you could always throw a little Teflon or silicon on the threads when you install it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts