Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I plan on lowering my car in the next month or two.
I have stock struts with about 35000 miles on them.
How long do you think they will last before I have to replace the Struts with KYB's or should i just save up a little more and get KYB's....
Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
bro i think ull b fine but if ur going 2 do it just do it right the first time install new struts but if u cant wait then do ur springs and leave ur stock struts and wait until they blow

·
Registered
750 Posts
All i know is that dropping the tib would be the best thing you ever do to your car..it just changes the whole appearance.

- I need some springs too aha.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump and i am thinking about coilovers instead of different rims in spring...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright I guess i will just wait and get the kyb struts with the springs... damn it... lol i don't wanna have to do it again and i am not really taking my car to the track i just want it to be low... thats why i am thinkin no coilovers but idk... what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
hahaha, springs, I'm never messing with springs again, lmfao. anyways, yeah, you're better off getting the new struts with the springs. you'll get back a brand new from factory new car ride.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol... I saw your thread about springs... lol I can get into a shop with a lift and Spring compressor and alignment machine so mine will be easier...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
lol... I saw your thread about springs... lol I can get into a shop with a lift and Spring compressor and alignment machine so mine will be easier...
you don't need a spring compressor. I thought you did, but 1sicktusc proved me wrong.

ain't that right hazzzzzz?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what? are you kidding me? why don't you? lol

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
what? are you kidding me? why don't you? lol
if i remember correctly, remove all the bolts that you need to remove for the strut for that to come completely off, have something underneath the rotor for support, then loosen the top bolt for the strut. raise the car off of its support and youre done!

damn magicians hazzzzz and his cousin are, lmfao.

Yeah that's right alex love the way ur car came out
its really all thanks to you guys. im lovin the shlt out of it man, the ride feels soo much better, and i got the alignment and wheels balanced, feels better than it did stock!

i still havent seen your car, i sure would like to, haha.
i've been too lazy, but hopefully i'll be able to get some pictures in today!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
GOD DAMIT!!! Every thread is about springs!!!! I've had mine (Megan Racing Springs) for 4 months now!!!!! They STILL aren't on!!!! But soon they will be :) next week :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
My 07SE rides WAY better than stock. I got drop zone springs. They didn't fall the full 2" though. more like 1.5-1.75 not sure, haven't busted out the tape.

With the dampening of the 07 struts, I don't believe they will blow out.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
My 07SE rides WAY better than stock. I got drop zone springs. They didn't fall the full 2" though. more like 1.5-1.75 not sure, haven't busted out the tape.

With the dampening of the 07 struts, I don't believe they will blow out.
they will....... maybe not right away but they will lol mine already are starting to get floaty
get the KYB if you can afford it now or just wait a bit it's worth it .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts