Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if I should change my struts if I'm getting a lowering kit or can I just leave the originals? WIll my ride be crap if I don't get new ones? Or should I get coilovers and get new struts anyways?

BTW I'm new at this so bare with me!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i would say the whole thing, springs and struts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it even worth lowering? its low enough as it is but i want more of an agressive look... any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You can chop the stock springs but that generally leads to death...therefore bad. buy some lowering springs. as long as you have the GT with the performance suspension stock you will have no problems with lowering springs.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the thing... i have the SE so i dont know how good my stock ones are?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Do not cut your springs!

I have the H&R springs, my car is low, ride is fine and the handling is a lot better than stock. No probs with the stock struts.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol noo im not gonna cut the springs! alright well i guess its hit or miss with.. ill probably get the springs and not the struts and if i do have to replace them then i guess i will eventually

alright another thing... i was looking on ebay for the springs but most of them say for the v6 only, will they still fit on the 4cyl?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
get spring with mild drop if you want to keep your struts in one piece

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mild drop as in 1.3-1.7"??

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
I have Espelir springs (got them from r100s, pm him if you're interested) and they are a mild drop (1.3") and I've had them on my stock struts for 2 yrs with no problems.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aLiEn_sPoReZ , does r100 have a brand new set?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My struts have just under 60k on them and my springs have been on for around 15-20k just guessing.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright thanx... ill send him pm and ill go from there... it looks like im going to keep my stock struts and do a mild drop.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks MrPhotoman and aLiEn_sPoReZ for the answer I wanted to know because I didnt want to put on springs and then have my struts fail

1 - 17 of 17 Posts