Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people! as u all well know iv got a nice SLOW 1.6 Tiburon... but im really thinking of getting the 2.7 v6 ... but need a few facts! is it worth it? (speed wise) does it drink alot of petrol (gas) what is the 0.60 time? can alot of tuning be done? is the v6 relable>? thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
never driven the i4, but you should notice a huge difference. can you test drive at a dealer?
i have had both stick and auto in the V6.
auto will save you petrol, but is still quick
stick is way more fun. but i went through way more gas per year.

at the price per liter/gallon over there, i think your nuts.
can you use turbo's over there? look into doing that perhaps.
Is there a premium or extra govt tax for buying anything over 1.6? like a gas guzzler tax?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
auto uses more gas by the way. given the prices of gas, I would go with a 2.0 5 spd. i love my 2.7, but stock, it is not breath taking or anything. the best parts of the car are the looks, and handling. i say upgrade from the 1.6 to the 2.0. my parents both have elantras with the 2.0 and it is a smooth great little motor. then put a CAI for sound/ fuel economy and call it a day. when it come down to wanting more power, you can buy a turbo kit for the same price as the supercharger kit for the v6, and be faster than the v6. the 2.0 and 2.7 are not great NA motors. the 2.7 cant break 200whp without cams. btw, I get 26mpg with my 2.7. I drive probably 60 percent highway, 40 percent city.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
also, the 0.60 for the 2.7's are low 7's with a manual, low 8's with an auto. probably mid to upper 8's for the 2.0 all if these will be noticably faster than your 1.6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts