Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Madlife's Rides - A potential Tibby owner

Im bored at work and doing some research for my lady friend. So I decided to create a post on my rides.

DENIED.. Apparently you need 5 posts to add pics... so here is my 5th post!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
ok so pics? better not be stock lol

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Im bored at work and doing some research for my lady friend. So I decided to create a post on my rides.

DENIED.. Apparently you need 5 posts to add pics... so here is my 5th post!
Are you going to buy a tib for a dd?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
#1 2008 WRX.

Pretty Much stock due to only 11k miles and a project car + house purchase.
SPT exhaust
Some exterior goodies.

To come:
Downpipe + Tune
Struts / spring combo
Stereo overhaul

I used to drive an 2001 Grand Am GT, which i thought was a pretty fun car to drive.. NOPE.. I had a 2006 WRX for 3.5 years and now an 08 {needed a hatch/wagon}. It gives me something to look forward to in the winter. A lot of cars are fun in the summer, but a little torquey power, AWD, + killer snow tires makes for a blast in the snow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1992 Toyota MR2
N/A --> JDM V2.5 Turbo Engine
CT26 Turbo
Tranny + LSD is unknown
Stiff *** supsension is unknown
TRD rip off indiglo dash lights
Pioneer Stereo
Front speakers dont work, rears sound sucks miserably
Kicker 8" Sub - works pretty freakin nice
Border front bumper {probably replica}
Short throw shift kit - no clue, but its short
Toms side skirts and rear bumper. Cracked and under repair
Nippon Racing 16x7 wheels + 205/45/16 fronts and 225/55/16 rears {wrong size WTF}

Weight loss: {poundage is estimated by the MR2 forums}
No spoiler, Carbon Fiber Frunk and Trunk lids, Power steering removed, AC compressor removed, no spare tire and jack. There was something else too, but I dont remember.

When I got her: Aftermarket alarm would not stop going off, 1 out of 10 starts did not trip the Kill Switch, Throttle body would only open 50%, interior had horrible CF overlays, and ginormous Tach. Basically looked like poo. and I almost didnt buy it. The shop I got it from picked it up in an Auction and had no clue about what parts are on it.... This winters plan on top of painting is to get P/N, and manufactures off suspension bits, engine, and such to see what I can find out exactly is on it.

Now:
Car fails to start about 1 our of every 50 times. It trips the alarm kill switch and i have to disconnect battery to get going. Otherwise Alarm is unplugged. Throttle body opens about 85% after new gas pedal, now needs cable adjustment. Inside looks a million times better. Overall its proably the most fun car Ive driven for $3500. Shes peppy, good on gas, and corners like no other. The legendary "Snap Oversteer" is non existant. I can barely force it to oversteer. The engine is a very poplular MR2 engine, and many people would pay good $$ to get their hands on it. The suspension was very well built, and so was the engine. I think the car was either owned by someone to tried "Rice-ing" it out then someone else bought it and turned it into an autoX car... or Vice Versa.. I cant complain for a project car. Hopefully painting either IS300 yellow or Subaru Rally Blue this winter.

My first real fiberglassing attempt. Noteice the picture above with the hole in the side skirt. Im pretty happy. Now i just need some filler to make it nice and smooth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow.. Some people ninja posted in there...

my girl wants a Tibby so i joined up on the thread to read up and learn about them.. So far I am totally for it. I love the look of the car, and heard a lot of good things about them.. Shes just trying to save some money so she can get one and go to school.

06 Subie - Full Exhaust, Short Shifter + Bushings, Struts, Springs, nice rims and tires, Component speakers, + Apline Deck.. She took abuse like a champ.. Always plowing through unplowed roads, lots of unpaved roads, off a few curbs {Yes the pavement was raise so I just went straights off them} and it never failed me once for 3.5 years 65k miles. I got rid of it because i started doing mountain biking and needed the extra room of a hatch.... Economy sucked so i was able to talk a shop WAY down on price for the 08

1 - 6 of 6 Posts