Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new on here, so bear with me. I have a 2006 Tiburon and I need some advice. The spark plugs and wires have just recently been changed and the throttle body cleaned. When it started up, it sounded almost like the firing order was slightly off. Tried several different firing orders, but it's still not running right. Drive it to Advanced to use a code scanner on it. The whole way there it was jerking really bad and surging. It came back with codes for tps and maf. Changed the tps and iac and maf sensor. It's still not fixed the problem. When it first starts, it seems to idle okay. But as soon as you shift into reverse or drive, it wants to die. While driving down the road, it still jerks really bad and the rpms are all over the place, all the way up to 6000 and right back down as low as 1500. Its difficult to get it to accelerate, even as low as 10-15 mph, and it especially hates going uphill. Any advice???

·
Super Moderator
8,681 Posts
V6 or I4?
What else did you take apart when doing the job?
Common is to swap 2 plugs by the throttle body, they mate but mess things up. One pair is black, the other pair is dark gray.

Knowing the actual codes helps us a lot more.

How were things before the work?
Did it get a lot worse immediately after the work? Like, first start? If so, not likely parts died, more likely something loose, miss connected, wire yanked on, etc.

How many miles on the car?
How long have you owned it?
Stock or modded?

·
Super Moderator
8,681 Posts
V6 or I4?
What else did you take apart when doing the job?
Common is to swap 2 plugs by the throttle body, they mate but mess things up. One pair is black, the other pair is dark gray.

Knowing the actual codes helps us a lot more.

How were things before the work?
Did it get a lot worse immediately after the work? Like, first start? If so, not likely parts died, more likely something loose, miss connected, wire yanked on, etc.

How many miles on the car?
How long have you owned it?
Stock or modded?
OEM or aftermarket sensors? unlikely that all 3 sensors go bad at same time. post codes and other info as suggested above.

Yep....basically what I said.....:wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts