Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
car is still running strong but the Southbend stage 2 endurance not so much!it was broken in for 600 miles of city driving and this is what it looks like after 900 miles I wounder if the Disc is still usable or if it is glazed, opinions??

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
EWWWW. Southbend...yuck. Did you use a new flywheel with the clutch? It looks like it wasn't making full contact with the pressure plate. Typically you want to break in a clutch and new flywheel for 500-1000 miles.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
yeah brand new Flywheel, Also I bought a centerforce II clutch and PP kit for only $107 I would stay away from it I am keeping it because is an OK back up but is just a VALEO clutch. so I contacted South bend and VOILA they are going to resurface the PP and put new Material on the Clutch for free, they also told me to break it in for 1k miles or more. due to the KEVLAR material, so this one is on me not South bend's Excellent customer service. I have heard great things about south bend. will see how it holds up when I get it going again.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Any ideas how to fix the P0121 Code? it keeps coming up I tried 5 different TPS sensors 2 new and 3 from runing cars, is there a procedure on the car relearning the idle? this is the only CEL I am getting

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
it is, I am still having the TPS light coming on after hard acceleration, puzzled by it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
so I replaced the TPS again and check the wiring and it all looks good, I am ready to get another TB to see if that is the problem. as long as I do not go past 75% on the throttle I get no code, what else should I look at? throttle cable? is pissing me off the car bucks when the code comes on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm definitely gonna do this, mine is before the throttle body.. also I have aftermarket rods and pistons, so could this be why I am getting misfires in all 4 cylinders? its been this way since ive built the car and it seemed to run fine before i blew the transmission last summer lol. Im waiting on the transmission right now should be here within 10 days

·
Registered
45 Posts
I lengthened the wires for my MAF to move it ahead of the turbo. No problems.

dmdicks , Do you have experience wth an AEM FIC 6 30-1910 universal piggy back?

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
I stay as far away from the FIC as possible. I had one for a bit on my V6 and the limitations plus it being a dead product plus AEM's poor support had me switching over to standalone and I'll never go back!!

61 - 74 of 74 Posts