Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well got my maferburner yesterday and installed it that night. only really had one problem with the white wire which wasnt connected, so after i fixed that, i started her up, and everything was fine, no cel, mafterburner had power did everything it was suppose to when u start ur car. now i took it ez for her until the highway, maybe around 3 miles to get o I-95, after that i hit it preetty hard around 4 times not redlining or anything cuz power drops after 6300, but anyways still no problems no cel. now i drop my friend off, and started drivin away normally like i do shiftin around 3-3.5 rpms. i get two blocks and out of the blue a frickin cel pops up.i turn offf the car and then start it to see if it went away which it didnt. i drove it pretty far around 20 miles back to my house cuz it was already 5a.m. this morning i first tried takin both ecu plugs out to reset it to see if that worke. still nothing got the cel.. now i took off my neg terminal stepped on the brake for a good 2 mins and reconnectect the terminal, fired her up and boom no cel, ok i thought i was fine had a problem like this with my CAI. so i drove to the quickie store bout 2 blocks away and no cel, switching normally takin it ez. now when i leave the quickie mart i had to pretty much not all the way but stomp on first to exit the plaza cuz of traffic, went around 4-5 rpms at most and boom the cell comes frickin back on. i think its when i do WOT the cel comes on but i dunno. need help!!!

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
fyi for everyone......

P0031 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

P0037 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

P0051 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 2, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

two things.... 1. are u sure ur wire taps are on hard. 2. are u sure you tapped the right wires?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bms231 said:
fyi for everyone......

P0031 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

P0037 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 2, bank 1, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

P0051 Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 2, heater control – circuit low Wiring short to ground, HO2S, ECM

two things.... 1. are u sure ur wire taps are on hard. 2. are u sure you tapped the right wires?
pretty damn sure, but unfortunately probably tomorrow ima have to remmove the glove box and ecu which is a lil ***** but gueess i gotta check the wiring.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
ok on C133-2 did you touch any of these wires?

pin #
20 Oxygen sensor ground O2 sensor (Bank 1/Sensor 1)
21 Oxygen sensor ground O2 sensor (Bank 2/Sensor 1)
22 Oxygen sensor ground O2 sensor (Bank 1/Sensor 2)

respectively they are a white, solid blue, and blue w/ white stripe. the maf is a blue with white strip as well.. but that is on c133-3

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
RedTibby04 said:
Make sure you use the right size ones too. Also, please tell me you soldered the MAF connection.?
no the white wire to the blue white stripe are twisted together then wrapped with electrical, the grey and other wire is connected through a tube butt splice givin to me by t.c. so i dunno man. does it really need to be soldered noone else runs it without it being it soldered? and will it **** up my car? anyways i should have all the right things and sizes for the mafterburner since i personally picked it up from T.C, and he said thats all i needed. since i live 5 mins away, and we bought a cheap solder thing from wlamart with general purpose solder **** like a alumunium coil, but i dont know how to solder and we tried to figure it out with some old speaker wires, but the metal wouldnt melt to the wires? so i had to twist em.... i really need to talk to T.C.... or if anyone think it could be fuses. im stomped, if i take off the neg terminal and plug it back in the cel goes away if i dont go to wot so wtf..?

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
the cel goes away until the condition which triggers it comes on again.... in ur case.... u probably hit a bump or vibrations cause enough wiggle to make a weak connection. why those cels would be on your O2 sensors... that is a good one. u never ever never eeeeeeever twist anything together and hope it holds w/ electrical tape. go get that speaker wire out.... twist the two wires together... put the tip of the soldering iron on the exposed copper so it heats up. then melt some solder on the tip of the iron and touch it to the hot copper. if u do it right... the hot copper will suck up the solder. u never want to try to put hot solder on cold wires b/c it wont stick. once u get it right.... do the maf wires. ur dealing w. as little as .02 volts. that but connector w/ steel probably has more than .01 volts resistance. i told u the 3 wires u need to care about..... so check that u didnt pull on them or do anything to them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright well funny thing, i just drove my car with the cel on to find out the codes, after going to 3 diffferent advanced auto parts i finally got the obd2. now from there i drove home, so i was driving with my cel for a good 45 min. now before i went to the gas station i pulled out my glove box, unhooked the ecu bolts and disconnected the air cond clips because i am going to take it to Tim. or if hes not there or cant do it, ima take i to some mexican shop and be like solder this wire and solder this wire. but the funny thing now i went out to my car unhooked the negative battery, and pretty much reset the car, turned on the car and once again no cel, ok cool ill take it easy switch at 3000rpms. hurts me to see a cel on my car. so heres the funny thing on the way back from the gas station i wanted to see when the cel pops on , took the car to 4000rpms, once again no cel, did a half WOT test to 4000rpm , no cel, ok now for the final test, cruisin at 40mph in my 5spd, revved match, dropped from 5th to 2nd, and she moved hard and into third then stopped at 80-85. to my surprise no cel.... wtf !!!!!!!! i did try to move the ecu around because maybe i thought some wires would be cramped in there, but like i said any other info appreciated this is frickin werird, thanx guys....

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
annnnnnnnnnnnd since i already gave my advice my final word is..... u should have never taken on this project if u don't understand basic wiring.

and to reply to the above, the glove box was probably squishing something and either grounding something out or pulling it out of place causing a weak signal. maybe ur tape melted off and touched something... i dunno.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bms231 said:
annnnnnnnnnnnd since i already gave my advice my final word is..... u should have never taken on this project if u don't understand basic wiring.

and to reply to the above, the glove box was probably squishing something and either grounding something out or pulling it out of place causing a weak signal. maybe ur tape melted off and touched something... i dunno.
well first of all im a car enthusiast , and i have taken all my jobs and mods that are done to my car, by myself and with my boy, and vice versa with is eg with a b16a2 which we just swapped in. all everyone needed to say was solder the frickin wires because u need to. any other way wont work. because today i took it to my boys shop and soldered the wires and everything now runs perfect. no cel, thanx for the advice everyone posted here and my final word is..... why don't you shut the **** up.... k thanx

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
smoke said:
well first of all im a car enthusiast , and i have taken all my jobs and mods that are done to my car, by myself and with my boy, and vice versa with is eg with a b16a2 which we just swapped in. all everyone needed to say was solder the frickin wires because u need to. any other way wont work. because today i took it to my boys shop and soldered the wires and everything now runs perfect. no cel, thanx for the advice everyone posted here and my final word is..... why don't you shut the **** up.... k thanx

that's a strange way of saying thanks,

bms is one of the most helpfull members on here... dont know why you would respond like that,

and i do agree with him, if you couldnt ATLEAST solder, you shouldnt have done a ghetto job, atleast ask someone to help you out with it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MoogLe said:
that's a strange way of saying thanks,

bms is one of the most helpfull members on here... dont know why you would respond like that,

and i do agree with him, if you couldnt ATLEAST solder, you shouldnt have done a ghetto job, atleast ask someone to help you out with it
didnt mean to be a dick but sayin that if i didnt know about soldering why take the project on, when i can and learn how to do it raher than everytime i get a mod i have someone else install it . i want to learn how to work on tibs. ima diy guy, only way to learn is to do it, so sorry for the comment i was just in a bad mood and didnt like what he said in the beginning... but i pretty much ate my words becaause alil later after i got it soldered a cel came on again when i started the car after driving it from the shop. so now im just stumped , gonna have to get with t.c. so what its worth im sorry for the comment, just had a bad day on my bday from the beginning, hopefully no hard feelings.... if anyone knows whats going on please help ima go to advanceed auto parts to check the codes to see if they are the same. once again my bad..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts