Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay I hooked everything up correctly, because the Mafterburner is working, and everything is ok, but the only problem i faced was the the 2 plugs on each end of the ECU are not the same colour as the ECU in the video that Tim provided in the install... (instead of haveing a white one and a black one, both are black in my situation) so I overlooked that and continued. The second problem I faced was that my Volt on the Maf Sensor shows 4.995 where its sopoused to be at 0.5, I checked and rechecked all my connections, they were all exactly as Tim showed in the Video (of how to install the mafterburner) but a couple more differences, that the Blue and White wire comming from the Maf Sensor is White and Orange in my car... but it is located in the same PIN, all the other colours are the same... and everything is located in the same position... so what could be the problem? anyone face this b4?

And even when I unplugged the Maf Sensor from the Engine bay, the reading still showed 4.995 on the Maf Sensor?!

If I get the reading right, and I unplugg the Maf Sensor in the engine bay, will the reading drop to 0.000 or will it still be at 0.5 even with an unplugged Maf Sensor?!

Thanks...

My car is a 2006!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'd go back and recheck for the correct wire colors. I've installed 2 mafterburners and haven't heard of that. Maybe it's something I'm not aware of, but I think you've tapped the incorrect wires/plugs. If you've got it right (if I remember), on start-up, it'll go green, red, back to green on the indicator leds. If not, you've wired it wrong, or have a bad connection.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it actually does the Green then Red then green move... and the car turns on... the only problem is that it stays on 4.995 as MAF sensor Voltage, as if theres huge amounts of Air comming in... through the Maf Sensor...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crimp, would mean that I twisted them together right? I did that in the begining, but then I soldered them...

But Guess what Turned out today... we got a digital Volt Meter, and guess what the reading were:-

Blue wire with Orange strip (which is in the same pin as the blue wire with the white strip on U.S version: has a voltage of 5.X

And the Orange Wire: had a voltage of around 17.X

and the Brown Wire had a voltage of 0.0

Which one of these is my Ground wire? take into considiration that my Volt meter only reads one decimal point...

So my Brown Wire from the Maf Sensor Plug could be the 0.05 or a 0.00 as ground... and about me getting the wires mixed up... thats surely not the case...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
today, i checked the harness that has the wires for the maf sensor and a couple of other sensors and it turned out that there is a black thin wire going around all the other wires in the harness (Harness that has the MAF sensor wires) that has melted and it caused the wires inside the harness to top on each other's voltages ...i guess that this is the reason that the mafterburner was reading high voltage where the burned wires were touching eachother...

what is the reason for this black wire to melt ? could it be becuz of weak grounding in the car ? is it even a ground wire cuz its black ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts