Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a nitrous kit from this guy, said he worked at a shop in FL, but i searched for his number area code and it's up north, forgot the state. Then he told me he was staying up at the state where the number was from (I never asked why his number didn't match a FL area code) and he gave me bunch of different numbers of people who supposedly were responsible for shipping the kit.

He maintained contact with me for a while, sometimes disappearing, but then replying to an e-mail or phone call. Does anyone have more info on this guy? It's been about 3 months, I paid him $400 via paypal (according to him it was his friend's account).

I usually have no problems on this site, but this guy is really pissing me off. His name is Eric McInnis. I'm a student, and $400 is a pretty large amount for me.

watch-out ppl.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Re: mainetiburonracer- beware, any info?

I can't help you out, but thanks for the alert. 3 months is a long time, hopefully someone can contribute with some useful information about this member.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts

thanks for the info. file a paypal dispute.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts

Isn't this the guy that stole a member credit card info and start purchasing other items with it?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

i filed a paypal dispute already... outcome was nothing. the seller never responded anyhting paypal couldn't do anything.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Why not trace his name and get a valid address and confront him **** thats what i do :3_steam: Sorry to say this but its just another example of the Fukn people that we have here livn with us. Anyway if you filed a paypal thingy why not call paypal and figure out something they should have his address and real name and account number so they can freeze them so we cant use them anymore until its fixed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

Definately, I ran into that problem before, just google him and confront him. He'll probably say he's someone else. Go to the police department and file a dispute. If that don't work, do what I would do, beat his ace and spend a night in the cell. Trust me, you'll feel better afterwards. Or, call your bank that is associated with your paypal account and file a claim for the money taken out for the kit. This should get you your money back.

I just paid pinktuscani03, $1100.00 for her Motegi DPK's and wing. Don't think that I don't know what to do if I get ripped off. I'm not saying I'd go 1/2 way around the country and find her, but I got my connections to get my money back...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

his number is (360) 710-6414
i googled him, and there are a shitload of Eric McInnis's... i'm searching. i even got a company that traces people's numbers and finds their address, but they refunded my money saying they couldn't trace the number (maybe they don't do cell phones)...
It's weird, because sometimes he comes back and communicates with me, but for the past 3 weeks he disappeared again.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts

this is the reason why i only buy from reputable long time sellers or established companies. sorry i dont have anything helpful to add, but there were 2 red flags (at least to me) in your 1st post. #1 the number didnt match his location and #2 it wasnt his name on the paypal account. at least you know what to look out for in the future and i hope it doesnt affect your desire to mod..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

yup, i found it weird too, but he explained both...
he said he didn't have paypal, and he said he was travelling when I asked about his number. He communicated for a very long time, so I my doubt was overcome by how helpful/communicative he was.
Either way, i'm going to make a big effort to find this guy and confront him, one way or another.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts

PM CarrRyanE, him and a bunch of other guys in the daily work thread found some chick that scammed a few guys out of money. They might be able to find this guy too.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts

Oh yeah, any more to that story?
Yes, there is more to the story... but I deleted the thread they were using to coordinate their information. Needless to say I was very impressed how quickly those guys tracked her down to get their money back. They're like friggin bloodhounds

Go onto their daily work threads (here's today's: http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92805) and get them to help.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

<-------------one who has been scammed by this guy...........I know someone who can help you....PM me for details.........

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

TT... your so sweet...LMAO

nah... but he he knows a friend that knows a guy who has this friend and his friend can have his friend get in contact with his friend and will get you your money back

4real

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

nah... but he he knows a friend that knows a guy who has this friend and his friend can have his friend get in contact with his friend and will get you your money back

4real
Oh yeah, that guy. He's cool. : ) Hopefully everything works out and you guys get your money back.

·
Banned
181 Posts

4real
:3_fyou Just for you Ryan...:3_devil_w

1 - 20 of 23 Posts