Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched around and even looked at the light bulb guide and I cant find the answer. So I have a 2003 tiburon with the manual climate control knobs. The light bulbs are burned out. Can someone help me find them? Maybe a part number or the size and type? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where the knobs are, there is no bulb, there are SMD leds. They are all out?

Have you looked at the fuse? Is the center fascia correctly connected?
Two are out but one is working so its not a fuse and yeah is connected. Im pretty sure 2 of the bulbs are burned out. the bulbs behind the control knobs where I turn the temperature up and down and I have the manual knobs. I hope im describing it correctly. lol :Close-enough:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also have the exact same issue. Where can one get new led's?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Where the knobs are, there is no bulb, there are SMD leds.
Incorrect. Pretty-sure they are #74 Type B (T4). I'm not sure if tall or short for the knobs.

Can be found here. http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Best to pull your HVAC and take a bulb out to look at it before ordering.

EDIT: I need to verify which one it is still, as my left knob is currently out.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered a bunch of lights that looked sort of right from the link provided:
http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Not a single one of them fit right, and i bought a one from each that looked close.

Can anyone who's bought some bulbs confirm EXACTLY which part number is needed to replace these?

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Did you buy a 74 or a 74 T4?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Part of the problem is here I think. in the stock housing there is a metal contact patch. on the replacement part there is only plastic there with a tiny wire attached apparently for power.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Ah, I see. So it's not making contact then.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I guess my question here is: has anyone ever actually purchased a light for this part of the console and had success? if so, exactly which part?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bump!!

I'm guessing I have at least one of these bulbs out, possibly two. I'd rather wait to pull my HVAC apart until I put in my good head unit out of my old car though, so I'm not 100% sure. There's no illumination for the center knob (fan speed) or the far right one (temp select). I'm going to Autozone tomorrow, I think I'll see if they can find anything in their database on this. I'll update if I find anything.

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
On my wifes 04 Tib, I don't think she has lighting there, I will have to check. Curious to see what you find on a bulb PN.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Did you manage to find them yet?
Sorry I forgot to follow up on that, guys. I did talk to a guy at my Autozone, and he did his best to scour their database and any other he could think of, but they all gave him the "go jump in a lake" message (as he put it). He said my best bet would be to contact the nearest Hyundai dealership and see if they have the serial numbers on record, or better yet have a stockpile in a warehouse somewhere. I haven't gotten to that yet, but I will in the next week or so because the nearest dealer is about two hours away and I might be heading down that way for another reason in a couple weeks.

I promise I'll be better about following up on it this time! Lol

EDIT: I even took the picture of the bulb that someone posted up there ^^ and saved it to my phone so I could show him. He found a couple that looked similar but it was obvious they wouldn't be "plug and play" if they were to even work at all.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts