Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up. I still am waiting on my wife to return to see if she has lights there. I think they're gone though.

If I come up with something, I will reply as well.

If we get a PN, there is a "Tib bulb guide" here, but I think it's more related to signals, etc.

·
Registered
317 Posts
years ago when i first got the tib at a hyundai dealership the light went out like 3 days later and they replaced it for free but warned they would charge for future replacements as lights are not covered. if it bugs you that much you may have to go to the hyundai dealership to solve this....i may just do it

·
Administrator
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went to the dealer about this a year or 2 ago. Wanna say those bulbs where like $25 each. The woman's car 's climate control is totally dark... As well as the light for the running lights. Needless to say, I wasn't about to spend $100 for 4 little tiny bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This topic is a few years old but for a lot of us Tiburon owners it is still difficult to find matching bulbs for our climate control unit.
The original bulbs are difficult to find and have a insane price point, but if you are a bit handy it's an easy and cheap diy job.
Step 1: order 12V 80mA 4mm mini wire bulbs like the one in the link below.
It's a Dutch store but you get the idea what kind of bulb to order.
OKAPHONE - T1 1/4 Draadlampje (OR356-1) (L12V1 Orbitec)

Step 2: Break the original bulb wires from the housing by turning the bulb carefully in it's house with a plier.
Try not breaking the glass and protect your eyes, remove the remaining wire ends from the housing.
Press it out from the inside with a small screw driver or something similar.
If you unfortunately break the bulb drill it carefully out with a 4mm drill.

Step 3: Place the new bulb through the wire holes in the housing and cut the wire so you can press the wire between the copper and plastic housing while it doesn't look like spaghetti on the rear ;-) like the original.
In my case the new connection was not reliable so I fixed it with a drop of solder. See picture.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ps. The repair cost where under 2 usd and took only a few minutes.
You can even do it with a warm white led and a resistor ( there is some space behind the bulb) but despite the warm white led the color temp didn't match with the original bulb in my case, maybe if you experiment with a higher Ohm resistor and different brand you get a better result.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey @Foreigner01 - Couldn't you just buy these guys:

Or are they not the same? Been looking around for it myself.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts