Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, alright so I just recently bought LED's for the interior of my 06 tiburon, I'm trying to remove the overhead console so I can replace the map lights but this console is not budging the slightest bit, I've removed the two screws by the sunglasses holder, I've pulled towards me and down, away from me and down, every which way and this console doesn't want to come out, am I missing anything?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Yep, you're missing the 2 screws underneath the lights cover.

Check on the fwd portion of the plastic you will see a little notch. Use a flat head screwdriver to remove both of them, you will see a screw in the back.

After that, either the front of the console is clipped and the other side is held by 2 tabs.

Let me know if that worked.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You don't need to remove the whole thing to swap bulbs. Just the clear cover.
Also, while installation is the reverse of removal, it actually is not intuitively so. You do take it out front edge first, but you don't put it back the same angle as removing. You actually put in the front edge first when snapping it back in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You don't need to remove the whole thing to swap bulbs. Just the clear cover.
Also, while installation is the reverse of removal, it actually is not intuitively so. You do take it out front edge first, but you don't put it back the same angle as removing. You actually put in the front edge first when snapping it back in.
I own an '03 and I dont see any visible way of removing the clear cover for the map lights as I too am trying to replace the interior bulbs.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I own an '03 and I dont see any visible way of removing the clear cover for the map lights as I too am trying to replace the interior bulbs.
If you look along the edge on the switches side, there are 2 small notches. You need 2 small flathead precision screwdrivers (like 1/8" wide and small). wedge a screwdriver in each notch and pry it out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you look along the edge on the switches side, there are 2 small notches. You need 2 small flathead precision screwdrivers (like 1/8" wide and small). wedge a screwdriver in each notch and pry it out.
Ah, okay thanks. Took a little bit of close analysis but I see what you're talking about. Thanks 'gain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, alright so I just recently bought LED's for the interior of my 06 tiburon, I'm trying to remove the overhead console so I can replace the map lights but this console is not budging the slightest bit, I've removed the two screws by the sunglasses holder, I've pulled towards me and down, away from me and down, every which way and this console doesn't want to come out, am I missing anything?
Where

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you find LED’s that would fit the interior lights? I ordered some and I can’t find any that fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts