Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
March "Go" Class COTM
tibby03

Well before buying my tib I looked at a few other cars namely the acura rsx type s and the honda accord v6 coupe I went and test drove both and liked them but when a friend of mine came by to visit one night he had just purchased the new 2003 hyundai tiburon gtv6 when I saw this car I was like damn!! that car looks sweet and I asked him if I could take it for a ride and he said no problem, then after i drove it I was hooked. So needless to say I went to the hyundai dealer the next day and purchased my new 03 white tiburon gtv6 automatic, that was one of the happiest days of my life my first brand new car.

All my life I have owned and modded domestic cars I never thought I would start doing an import I really had no intention on modding my new hyundai till I stumbled upon this new tiburon.com forum while looking for a power adder or nitrous system for alittle extra power, I started with the usual mods cai,headers,exhaust and a 65 shot of nitrous from zex but that still wasn't enough I needed more power!!! then I saw from coming into this forum someone had a s/c called an alpine so without hesitation I looked them up and ordered my new s/c kit when it came in I was like a kid in a candy store, slapped that baby on and wow it really woke this car up but it still wasn't as strong as the domestics I have once modified, so off I went to upgrade to higher boost levels well after multiple calls to alpine to order their stage 2 upgrade and no calls back I contacted this guy T.C from nextgeneration motorsports and inquired about his stage 2 upgrade, at the time I was looking at alpines stage 2 so I said I would get back to him,but after 2 weeks still no word from alpine my phone rings and its this T.C guy calling me to find out if I needed any help with my stage 2 setup I was like damn this guy calls me back im going to give him my business so I went down to meet up with T.C and he took such good care of me that I vowed to never go anywhere else to get my performance parts period.

In the fall of 2004 we had my tiburon running so good after putting down 327whp and 316tq we decided to go to the track to see if I could be the first v6 automatic to hit 13 seconds in the quarter mile and ran a 13.4 on my first pass that day was a great day, but we decided that wasn't enough we wanted to be the first tiburon to break into the 12's and that would happen on the first pass 2 days later when we ran a 12.96 and on the second pass with a 1.75 60ft we clocked a 12.62 time that record stood for over 2 years before the record had fallen.

Well now with my new assassin s/c setup with the assistance of some nitrous im gunning for the 11's maybe 10's in the quarter mile in a full interior show car i want to thank T.C for all his hard work and dedication to the tiburon community because without him this would have not been possible so soon in the hyundai tiburon's career cheers to my friend Tim Conni!!

Performance
Ngm built block
Ngm ported heads
Ngm stage 1 cams
Ngm stage 2 fuels rails
Ngm 440injectors
Ngm mafterburner fuel tuner
Ngm assassin s/c
Ngm alcahol injection
Ngm 7in billet crank pulley
Ngm mega air intake system
Ngm 85 mm mas air meter
Ngm icebox setup
Ngm built transmission with lsd
Ngm 2800 stall speed torque converter
Ny-trex nitrous system
Ngm billet cam gear
Ngm polished valve covers
J&S safeguard knock detection system with guage
Innovate wideband o2 sensor with digital guage.

Congrats tibby03!!!

And once again from our awesome site sponser Turbo Wax, I? will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

Disclaimer : Article was written and editted by tibby03. Any thing that makes your eyes bleed is not the responsibility of Newtiburon.com and its affiliates.

·
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure the 2nd paragraph is the longest run-on sentence known to man.

Congrats my man, well deserved (sorry for being a little late)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 2nd paragraph is the longest run-on sentence known to man.

Congrats my man, well deserved (sorry for being a little late)
LOL sorry about that I was just so excited about finally being car of the month I forgot how to write hehehe. I guess you never received the email I sent with the updated write up and pictures. Here are 2 extra pic's

·
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did get the pics, but for some reason can't access my email at work. I'll update the post when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I don't see any pics. Where are they?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
that hood belongs on a mustang or something LOOKS great love the look of your tib along with the SC great set up Congrats on the COTM you deserve it.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.